Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Well Hillsborough Park will benefit in the long run, read somewhere the organisers of Tramlines are donating £10,000 to the park.

Well Hillsborough Park will benefit in the long run, read somewhere the organisers of Tramlines are donating £10,000 to the park.

Is that all?

Me too. I'm very much in support of Tramlines being in Hillsborough, however I've got to say I'm a bit worried now that we know the tram strike is on. We live nearby, but not in the restricted zone. I'm certain that there will be many more people coming by car now they won't be able to get by tram so easily. God knows where residents are going to park.

We manage on match days by making sure we are either home in good time before the match, or nowhere near home until after the match finishes. You can't really do that for 3 days.

Never mind, we can leave the car at home and just use the tram. Oh...wait....

Exactly. I'm in the same position (i.e. near the restricted zone but not in it), and as you, I manage on match days for the few hours. Unless I have to work, then it's a pain in the proverbial...

So the day is finally here ! I’m hoping it all runs smoothly for the festival goers and the residents . I have my ear plugs at the ready as I’m hoping to catch half an hours nap after only 2 hrs sleep last night and an early start this morning when I get back home .

Enjoy yourselves and be safe .?

Overheard a local councilor whispering to someone at the public meeting that Tramlines are donating £30000 to sort the drainage out in the park. So that must be £10000 for each year. Just hope the council have this in writing from them.

I like the notion of overhearing a whisper.

Guest makapaka
Overheard a local councilor whispering to someone at the public meeting that Tramlines are donating £30000 to sort the drainage out in the park. So that must be £10000 for each year. Just hope the council have this in writing from them.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/tramlines-donates-cash-to-sheffield-park-1-9254365

Popped to Hillsborough earlier for a couple of things - around 11:30am they were beginning to cone off side roads and put stewards in place to check cars entering.

Popped to Hillsborough earlier for a couple of things - around 11:30am they were beginning to cone off side roads and put stewards in place to check cars entering.

All the roads near me from Far lane to Dixon Road/Middlewood Rd are being closed for parking to non residents. Residents and their visitors should have something with them showing their address. I always carry my driving licence, address is on that.

Why would a visitor have something on them showing the address of the people they are visiting? :confused:

Why would a visitor have something on them showing the address of the people they are visiting? :confused:

If they are regular visitors I suppose the resident could give them something. But unless they were aware of the road closures they wouldn't be prepared. I only know because of SF.

this I predict will be a mistake,there will be drunkeness,and trouble ,I pray I am wrong but I cant see me being,but do hope I am wrong.and what no trams to tramlines laughing stock of south Yorkshire.