Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Oh for goodness sake people - get a grip !!!

It's one short weekend, stop moaning !

Yes, I live within the area, yes I might be inconvenienced and my visitors certainly will due to traffic/parking restrictions/road closures etc.

Do I care ? Not a jot !

Let the ones going have fun and enjoy themselves. Life's too short - get priorities right.

100% Agree, Can't wait and mykids are excited too.....

I think it's great that there's a high profile festival coming to the park, even though I'm not going.

It's just that I (and others on here) wanted to point out to the apparently obtuse people here that there are a multitude of different people out there with different needs and sometimes, as a society, it's nice to be at least aware of that.

I'm glad I'm not working this weekend!

Oh for goodness sake people - get a grip !!!

It's one short weekend, stop moaning !

Yes, I live within the area, yes I might be inconvenienced and my visitors certainly will due to traffic/parking restrictions/road closures etc.

Do I care ? Not a jot !

Let the ones going have fun and enjoy themselves. Life's too short - get priorities right.

*applause* :)

I guess it is an inconvenience to people who live locally that have no interest in the event....but a bit of perspective could probably be used. It's not the end of life in Hillsborough as we know it. Just a bit of a pain for a few days.

Unfortunately life in a city often comes with inconveniences and annoyances. I'd really rather not have a load of idiots in massive 4 wheel drives appear for a school run everyday and park anywhere they choose around me....but I live near a school, and it's part of life.

People living next to a massive park in a city must really accept that at some points that park will be used for things that they don't especially like or want....

Tens of thousands will have a great weekend, we can judge it when it's over.

The weather has been kind to the Park, given the drainage issues haven't been addressed thats a major slice of positive luck.

Edited by steve68

I've supported the move to Hillsborough as I think it will he good for the area. I'm unimpressed that the supertram staff picked the Tramlines weekend to strike. That will seriously impact on parking, plus make travelling to the event more difficult for the public.

I've supported the move to Hillsborough as I think it will he good for the area. I'm unimpressed that the supertram staff picked the Tramlines weekend to strike. That will seriously impact on parking, plus make travelling to the event more difficult for the public.

What sympathy I had for the tram strikers has Gone, it's a cynical move to Target and disrupt an event for what is a financial motive.

I'm sure those attending will be in good spirits, regardless of how they make it to the park.

Tens of thousands will have a great weekend, we can judge it when it's over.

The weather has been kind to the Park, given the drainage issues haven't been addressed thats a major slice of positive luck.

Think it is storms tomorrow

Me too. I'm very much in support of Tramlines being in Hillsborough, however I've got to say I'm a bit worried now that we know the tram strike is on. We live nearby, but not in the restricted zone. I'm certain that there will be many more people coming by car now they won't be able to get by tram so easily. God knows where residents are going to park.

We manage on match days by making sure we are either home in good time before the match, or nowhere near home until after the match finishes. You can't really do that for 3 days.

Never mind, we can leave the car at home and just use the tram. Oh...wait....

Edited by Olive

Scattered showers according to the forecast at the moment.