Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

no you dont it will give you a chance to bleat about your tin pot festival at low edges while using your role as a tara rep to push your own events

that's a bit harsh... it is a great do at Lowedges I'll have you know, quite impressive for a community event!

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 22:13 ----------

Tramlines is a major event, professionally organised. They have to work with the council, licencing, environmental health, Police, fire service, ambulance service, highways, public transport operators, car parking providers and others to pull the event plan together, signposted safe walking routes are created, stewarding is arranged and everything else.

If the council have granted an organised road closure then the council supply the legal notices to go up on said road in advance of the event and normally a traffic management company is involved in the actual road closure on the day putting the barriers, diversion signs etc in place.

In terms of trouble away from the festival site, the work with the authorities should manage it as much as the festival organisers can but businesses in the area such as bars, fast food joints etc taking advantage of the footfall generated have some responsibility for what happens around their premises too.

Meanwhile in the City Centre it is no longer Tramlines problem, however the official fringe event has brought together a number of parties to create some kind of event management plan to the area (as well as some basic marketing), but of course not all venues have signed up to that.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 22:24 ----------

PUBLIC TRANSPORT

Unite the Union has proposed strike action on Supertram for all three days of Tramlines festival. The service to be provided over the weekend should the strike go ahead is yet to be announced but will be published here: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/july/st-strike-action

The expectation is the service will probably be a combination of a limited tram service and replacement buses until about 7pm. That is just a guess on my part though at this stage so keep checking the link above for the official information.

Other bus services between the City Centre and the Hillsborough area include the 7, 8, 31, 52, 52a, 57, 61, 62, 81, 82, 86, 135 and 135a. The majority of the buses pick up on Angel Street, near Castle Square tram stop.

A Citywide pass gets you on any bus or tram in Sheffield, day ticket £4.80.

I imagine there may be some sort of dedicated tramlines festival shuttle bus in the evening supplementing the normal local bus service..

Edited by Andy C

There’s been enough time to prepare for it though hasn’t there. They could go shopping another time instead because tramlines is on this weekend.

Yes, perhaps they can become more mobile somehow, less disabled, maybe buy a car. :huh:

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 07:28 ----------

Ok so how are people driving to the area going to be aware these restrictions on all these roads exist? Surely they have to put some form of signage on them all or it can easily be contested on an appeal.

Contested?

You can't contest a row of cones and barriers, they don't listen to a polite letter or a phone call. Some roads will be closed, and to do so they put up manned physical barriers and close them.

Bit concerned the council are advising some business to close.

Guest makapaka
Yes, perhaps they can become more mobile somehow, less disabled, maybe buy a car. :huh:

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 07:28 ----------

Contested?

You can't contest a row of cones and barriers, they don't listen to a polite letter or a phone call. Some roads will be closed, and to do so they put up manned physical barriers and close them.

Are they less mobile on weekdays than weekends? Are people going to starve in their homes because tramlines is on this weekend?

No they won’t. It’s fine - there’s just a big music festival on in a park - no one is going to be significantly negatively impacted.

Thank you I will get in touch .

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 18:54 ----------

The problem is maybe people like me where not aware that we should have received a leaflet to put in our cars . I only found out by chance .

I've just read this and sent an email. I'd no idea the streets from Far Lane to the park are in the parking zone.

Thanks again Sheffield Forum!

I’ve just asked them to post one out to me as I have no way of printing from an email . They have said they cannot do this .

---------- Post added 17-07-2018 at 11:46 ----------

Are they less mobile on weekdays than weekends? Are people going to starve in their homes because tramlines is on this weekend?

No they won’t. It’s fine - there’s just a big music festival on in a park - no one is going to be significantly negatively impacted.

I’m sorry this is not correct . I have medical issues ,brain damage ,which is greatly impacted by loud repepetive noise . I will be taking as many precautions as I can but this doesn’t mean I won’t be significantly affected.Yes it’s a good thing for the city but to be held in a very built up residential area wasn’t the wisest of choices .

Yes it’s a good thing for the city but to be held in a very built up residential area wasn’t the wisest of choices .

It's not a built up residential area it is a very large park!

It's not a built up residential area it is a very large park!

Which is situated in a residential area...

It doesn't matter if its a bike ride, half marathon, football game or festival, someone's always offended by the impact of something they don't have an interest in taking place in the city.

I personally like the fact the city hosts a diverse range of events, some of which are of zero interest to me. But it's time like this I wonder why organisers bother for all the grief they get.

Better to have no events of any interest to anyone in the city? But that begs the question of what would 'outraged in S1/6/8' etc would do with their time if they had nothing to complain about.

Guest makapaka
It doesn't matter if its a bike ride, half marathon, football game or festival, someone's always offended by the impact of something they don't have an interest in taking place in the city.

I personally like the fact the city hosts a diverse range of events, some of which are of zero interest to me. But it's time like this I wonder why organisers bother for all the grief they get.

Better to have no events of any interest to anyone in the city? But that begs the question of what would 'outraged in S1/6/8' etc would do with their time if they had nothing to complain about.

Absolutely.

Maybe we could all kick up such a stink they move it to Leeds. Then everyone can complain how nothing good happens in Sheffield and how Leeds is so much better.....

I’ve just asked them to post one out to me as I have no way of printing from an email . They have said they cannot do this .

Ive PMd you Autumn.

Oh for goodness sake people - get a grip !!!

It's one short weekend, stop moaning !

Yes, I live within the area, yes I might be inconvenienced and my visitors certainly will due to traffic/parking restrictions/road closures etc.

Do I care ? Not a jot !

Let the ones going have fun and enjoy themselves. Life's too short - get priorities right.