Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Hmm. Was there a Public Notice issued?

Will these roads have signs up saying the dates and times the restrictions are in force?

Edited by EmmaJones76

Well if the shops are closed (which i doubt by the way) they’ll have to make alternative plans for this weekend because tramlines is on.

Why would the shops close if they've the opportunity of additional footfall?

I imagine there will be a limited tram service at least on Saturday & Sunday but non operating to other parts of the system.

So no trams running for Tramlines??

That'll make for fun and games as people try to get to and from the site! I suppose walking will be the only option for most people.

Umbelievable that a festival themed around getting the tram is happening amd there will be no trams!

A festival themed around Tramlines? How so exactly? Lol

I believe it is just the name of the festival, and named so because we have trams maybe running through this great city (well on most days anyway lol)

Why would the shops close if they've the opportunity of additional footfall?

I know, I'll go to tramlines and on my way I'll get my prescription from boots, pick up some travel money from coop travel and get meself a leg of lamb from butchers. Two birds one stone, what a good result.

i think there will be trouble and I fully expect upset people who live in the area,i hope I am wrong,but that's my thoughts

None of it is any significant inconvenience is it?

What is so desperate that needs to be done on a Saturday morning in Yorkshire bank?

Which shop in hillsborough does someone desperately need to visit at the weekend?

Perhaps someone of limited mobility who lives in the area might like to go shopping locally?

Perhaps people are at work during the week and can't get to the bank.

It's very easy for you to say that it's not significant when you're not being affected.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 16:37 ----------

Exactly what I thought as well. Either there has been some miscommunication here or its just a bit of scaremongering.

They were definitely considering strikes over that weekend, I've not seen if they are happening or not.

Well if the shops are closed (which i doubt by the way) they’ll have to make alternative plans for this weekend because tramlines is on.

As I already said, my gym have been advised by the council to close.

Although from what I've heard they're planning to sell G&Ts instead (I've not queried them about a license, not my problem).

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 16:39 ----------

Hmm. Was there a Public Notice issued?

Will these roads have signs up saying the dates and times the restrictions are in force?

Are there public notices for the road closures every fortnight for the football? I've never seen one. They certainly don't put up signs with times in advance, they just close the road an hour before the match.

If my car is taxed, MOT'd and insured I can park it anywhere there are no parking restrictions, I have never heard of a temporary "permit scheme" being brought in, surely there would have had to have been a Public Notice and you would have to repaint roads and put signs up etc... for that to be anywhere near legal?

The council which licences the event is also the parking authority for the area and I'm sure that they are well used to temporary parking arrangements for large public events.

Perhaps someone of limited mobility who lives in the area might like to go shopping locally?

It's very easy for you to say that it's not significant when you're not being affected.

They were definitely considering strikes over that weekend, I've not seen if they are happening or not.

Although from what I've heard they're planning to sell G&Ts instead (I've not queried them about a license, not my problem).

Are there public notices for the road closures every fortnight for the football? I've never seen one. They certainly don't put up signs with times in advance, they just close the road an hour before the match.

Ok so how are people driving to the area going to be aware these restrictions on all these roads exist? Surely they have to put some form of signage on them all or it can easily be contested on an appeal.

For the person who hasn't had their parking notice, there is a residents section on the tramlines website, looks like they have a liaison team who may be able to help.

Thank you I will get in touch .

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 18:54 ----------

With regard to the parking that has been mentioned there is the intention to enforce a residents only parking zone during the festival.

Details can be found here on their webpage.

Looking at it, it appears to be a scheme like what happens on Wednesday's home games when many of the roads directly around Hillsborough are closed and monitored by stewards. This also includes Middlewood Road being completely closed to all for a period of 30 minutes to 1 hour when it finishes each day to allow for safe exits.

Like autumn I did not receive anything in the post regarding having a permit despite living on one of the roads that will be affected and was unable to attend the resident's meeting on the 10th due to work commitments. However a simple email to the organisers got a swift reply with the "permit" attached.

The problem is maybe people like me where not aware that we should have received a leaflet to put in our cars . I only found out by chance .

Guest makapaka

There’s been enough time to prepare for it though hasn’t there. They could go shopping another time instead because tramlines is on this weekend.

i think there will be trouble and I fully expect upset people who live in the area,i hope I am wrong,but that's my thoughts

no you dont it will give you a chance to bleat about your tin pot festival at low edges while using your role as a tara rep to push your own events