Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

More strike action planned by Supertram staff to coincide with the festival.

So instead of Tramlines it’ll be No Tram-lines??

Locals who might want to use the shops at the weekend perhaps?

My gym is officially "closed", although apparently I'll still be able to get in if I message them. I won't be able to park though obviously.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:26 ----------

For someone who's going to suffer no personal inconvenience at all you're awfully keen to dismiss the concern of anyone who IS going to suffer some.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:28 ----------

What's the nature of this guarantee?

And I am fairly sure that whilst I can just hear the cheers from a goal when a match is on, I will be able to hear all the tramlines music for the entire weekend. (And I'm not even that close, over a km as the crow flies to the park).

I meant it more from a trouble/nuisance point of view. Football crowds hace more of a reputation for being disruptive than music fans, in general.

Im confused by this. If there are no parking restrictions and your car is fully taxed and insured (and with MOT), why do you need to prove you live nearby to park on the street? :confused:

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 08:38 ----------

People who need to use Yorkshire Bank on a Saturday, perhaps.

I was told there are going to be Marshalls checking to see if you are a resident .

I was told there are going to be Marshalls checking to see if you are a resident .

If my car is taxed, MOT'd and insured I can park it anywhere there are no parking restrictions, I have never heard of a temporary "permit scheme" being brought in, surely there would have had to have been a Public Notice and you would have to repaint roads and put signs up etc... for that to be anywhere near legal?

More strike action planned by Supertram staff to coincide with the festival.

So no trams running for Tramlines??

That'll make for fun and games as people try to get to and from the site! I suppose walking will be the only option for most people.

Umbelievable that a festival themed around getting the tram is happening amd there will be no trams!

So no trams running for Tramlines??

That'll make for fun and games as people try to get to and from the site! I suppose walking will be the only option for most people.

Umbelievable that a festival themed around getting the tram is happening amd there will be no trams!

Buses.....

If my car is taxed, MOT'd and insured I can park it anywhere there are no parking restrictions, I have never heard of a temporary "permit scheme" being brought in, surely there would have had to have been a Public Notice and you would have to repaint roads and put signs up etc... for that to be anywhere near legal?

I don't think marshalls would have any authority at all to issue parking tickets or fines to anyone.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 10:28 ----------

Buses.....

Can you imagine the buses coping witht the amount of people going? Especially on sunday. There aren't a massive amount that go that way- eapecially if you're the other side of the city!

I don't think marshalls would have any authority at all to issue parking tickets or fines to anyone.

Exactly what I thought as well. Either there has been some miscommunication here or its just a bit of scaremongering.

Guest makapaka
Locals who might want to use the shops at the weekend perhaps?

My gym is officially "closed", although apparently I'll still be able to get in if I message them. I won't be able to park though obviously.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:26 ----------

For someone who's going to suffer no personal inconvenience at all you're awfully keen to dismiss the concern of anyone who IS going to suffer some.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:28 ----------

What's the nature of this guarantee?

And I am fairly sure that whilst I can just hear the cheers from a goal when a match is on, I will be able to hear all the tramlines music for the entire weekend. (And I'm not even that close, over a km as the crow flies to the park).

None of it is any significant inconvenience is it?

What is so desperate that needs to be done on a Saturday morning in Yorkshire bank?

Which shop in hillsborough does someone desperately need to visit at the weekend?

None of it is any significant inconvenience is it?

What is so desperate that needs to be done on a Saturday morning in Yorkshire bank?

Which shop in hillsborough does someone desperately need to visit at the weekend?

Maybe a lot of people work during the week and do their banking and shopping in Hillsborough at the weekend .

Guest makapaka
Maybe a lot of people work during the week and do their banking and shopping in Hillsborough at the weekend .

Well if the shops are closed (which i doubt by the way) they’ll have to make alternative plans for this weekend because tramlines is on.

With regard to the parking that has been mentioned there is the intention to enforce a residents only parking zone during the festival.

Details can be found here on their webpage.

Looking at it, it appears to be a scheme like what happens on Wednesday's home games when many of the roads directly around Hillsborough are closed and monitored by stewards. This also includes Middlewood Road being completely closed to all for a period of 30 minutes to 1 hour when it finishes each day to allow for safe exits.

Like autumn I did not receive anything in the post regarding having a permit despite living on one of the roads that will be affected and was unable to attend the resident's meeting on the 10th due to work commitments. However a simple email to the organisers got a swift reply with the "permit" attached.