Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

there will be almost 4,000,000 people attending over the weekend, most of them arriving in range rovers and expecting to park no more then 6 inches from the concert area,

the idea of displaying the letter is to ensure the miniumum of disruption to the car owning natives as they go about their daily workings

WOW! Really?

Clearly an avid Tramlines goer!

4,000,000 people ... ?

The average each year is between 100-150,000 is the average peak attendance over the full three days, to any Tramlines since it was started.

Range Rovers? ... The average of attendees will be the younger generation (who won’t be able to afford to purchase let alone fuel a Range Rover) and will more then lightly be wise enough to understand they will be drinking for a long period of time and therefore would be breaking the law if they were to drive away, drunk and merry in their “Range Rovers”

Your response is comical at best, not to mention dam right flipping ridiculous

Roll on Tramlines

Guest makapaka
so all the locals, who for all sorts of very valid reasons may not want or be able to partake in a weekend of music, drink, drugs and vomiting on the street and who weren't asked if they wanted this disruption can just go hang?

Absolutely they can. It’s on for a weekend not a fortnight.

Complete nimby miseries.

Perhaps they're miserable because the likes of Shed Seven are playing?

Shed Seven are a great live band, but its all personal choice isnt it. Also, its not like theyre headlining.

Shed Seven are a great live band, but its all personal choice isnt it. Also, its not like theyre headlining.

Sure is. Personally I can't think of many things worse than hearing 'Bully Boy' or 'Disco Down' live - and they're only the two I remember from the 90s!

Seriously though - it's only a weekend. It can be avoided - can't locals just close the curtains or go away for the weekend if they're really that opposed?!

There's a football stadium over the road...I guarantee you the people going to Tramlines will be quieter than football fans!

How many more people haven’t received a letter saying we have to put said letter in our car and prove we are residents ???????? During the tram lines festival.

It’s only because I was watering the plants on the front and got talking to one of my neighbours . It looks like the people who have the gennel between their house have received them but if like us they have to pass by another house we’ve been missed .

I wonder what range of area they are covering with these letters - just the streets immediately surrounding the park?

My street gets used for football parking, so it's likely to be used for Tramlines...

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 20:28 ----------

Couldn’t agree more. Some proper miserable folk about.

Big music festival coming up and All you get is “where am I gonna park me car” - pathetic.

Do you ever have problems parking your car at home? No? Then you can do one.

People in the area have learned to get around the football parking (it's a bind when I have to take the car out for work then can't get home but hey-ho). That's just a few hours every week or so in season.

This is only a weekend, yes - would you not use your car for a whole weekend because there's a big event on which may attract a lot of traffic?

Incidentally, it's a pain in the proverbial getting back from a gig with heavy instrument and/or half a PA system and having to park a few streets away (which also means people on those streets have less space for parking), and that's just on a normal night with resident's cars...

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 20:30 ----------

Sure is. Personally I can't think of many things worse than hearing 'Bully Boy' or 'Disco Down' live - and they're only the two I remember from the 90s!

Seriously though - it's only a weekend. It can be avoided - can't locals just close the curtains or go away for the weekend if they're really that opposed?!

There's a football stadium over the road...I guarantee you the people going to Tramlines will be quieter than football fans!

I love Shed Seven! I also wanted to see the Stereophonics, but I've got a gig myself on the Friday night...

I think I'd actually pay not to see Craig David :D

Guest makapaka
I wonder what range of area they are covering with these letters - just the streets immediately surrounding the park?

My street gets used for football parking, so it's likely to be used for Tramlines...

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 20:28 ----------

Do you ever have problems parking your car at home? No? Then you can do one.

People in the area have learned to get around the football parking (it's a bind when I have to take the car out for work then can't get home but hey-ho). That's just a few hours every week or so in season.

This is only a weekend, yes - would you not use your car for a whole weekend because there's a big event on which may attract a lot of traffic?

Incidentally, it's a pain in the proverbial getting back from a gig with heavy instrument and/or half a PA system and having to park a few streets away (which also means people on those streets have less space for parking), and that's just on a normal night with resident's cars...

---------- Post added 15-07-2018 at 20:30 ----------

I love Shed Seven! I also wanted to see the Stereophonics, but I've got a gig myself on the Friday night...

I think I'd actually pay not to see Craig David :D

Not been able to park your car where youd like is not a reason to moan about something so good for the city as a whole.

What shops will be closing? Yorkshire Bank closed Saturday because they say Hillsborough will be chaos

Guest makapaka
What shops will be closing? Yorkshire Bank closed Saturday because they say Hillsborough will be chaos

Who cares?

For the person who hasn't had their parking notice, there is a residents section on the tramlines website, looks like they have a liaison team who may be able to help.

Who cares?

Locals who might want to use the shops at the weekend perhaps?

My gym is officially "closed", although apparently I'll still be able to get in if I message them. I won't be able to park though obviously.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:26 ----------

Not been able to park your car where youd like is not a reason to moan about something so good for the city as a whole.

For someone who's going to suffer no personal inconvenience at all you're awfully keen to dismiss the concern of anyone who IS going to suffer some.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 07:28 ----------

What's the nature of this guarantee?

And I am fairly sure that whilst I can just hear the cheers from a goal when a match is on, I will be able to hear all the tramlines music for the entire weekend. (And I'm not even that close, over a km as the crow flies to the park).

How many more people haven’t received a letter saying we have to put said letter in our car and prove we are residents ???????? During the tram lines festival.

Im confused by this. If there are no parking restrictions and your car is fully taxed and insured (and with MOT), why do you need to prove you live nearby to park on the street? :confused:

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 08:38 ----------

Who cares?

People who need to use Yorkshire Bank on a Saturday, perhaps.

More strike action planned by Supertram staff to coincide with the festival.