Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

My lunchtime exercise (walk through the park) has been totally ruined by all the boarding up of pathways and through routes and it's still another week to go. Ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

Did you tell them you like to go out for a walk?

My lunchtime exercise (walk through the park) has been totally ruined by all the boarding up of pathways and through routes and it's still another week to go. Ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

if only there were other places you could walk...:rolleyes:

Well YOU took the words out of my mouth :hihi:

Some people. I think they survive on moaning - if they didn’t have something to moan about they’d die......

Well that's Sheffield Council let them do what they want sod the people that use the park everyday.

Well that's Sheffield Council let them do what they want sod the people that use the park everyday.

Really?

You do know that Hillborough Park belongs to the council tax payers of all Sheffield and is not a private garden for those who live nearby?

Throughout the footie season, use of the car park is denied to locals on match days but I never see anyone complaining about that.

Really?

You do know that Hillborough Park belongs to the council tax payers of all Sheffield and is not a private garden for those who live nearby?

Throughout the footie season, use of the car park is denied to locals on match days but I never see anyone complaining about that.

this. Also, those pesky kids using the grass for football practice, or park runs, or learning to ride their bikes :rant: *shakes fist pathetically*

SWFC paid for the new tennis courts as a thankyou for letting them use the car park on matchdays

SWFC paid for the new tennis courts as a thankyou for letting them use the car park on matchdays

And the Tramlines promoters are paying the council to use the park for three days.

swfc also pay the park for use of the car park not sure how much though and really its probably not been increased for years

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 13:41 ----------

no you've been mildly inconvenienced for approx 1 1/2 weeks you can still use the majority of the paths, the beauty about walking is it can be done virtually anywhere

How much they paying no one knows its top secret.

It's a little piece of heaven amidst a bustling, car filled hell..... a quiet place to relax and unwind for lunch.

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 19:56 ----------

Well YOU took the words out of my mouth :hihi:

Some people. I think they survive on moaning - if they didn’t have something to moan about they’d die......

Do you live or work in the area ?

---------- Post added 14-07-2018 at 19:57 ----------

And the Tramlines promoters are paying the council to use the park for three days.

But the fact that it puts the park out of normal use for more than three days is missed.

I thought Donald Trump had built his Mexican wall through there last week.

It's a little piece of heaven amidst a bustling, car filled hell..... a quiet place to relax and unwind for lunch

according to the piece of paper delivered in the week, the library, bowling green and playground will be open all the time, and the tennis court will be open for most of the time.