Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

I personally think that the Tramlines organisers have treated the local residents with utter contempt.

Although there has been promise of free tickets to local residents - this still has not been sorted and many residents who live very close to the park could end up missing out in the ballot.

It's one ticket per household apparently, for the houses that live on the road facing the park I think, which I agree, is very poor. What do you do with one ticket? You have to buy at least one more!

It's one ticket per household apparently, for the houses that live on the road facing the park I think, which I agree, is very poor. What do you do with one ticket? You have to buy at least one more!

From the tramlines website ...

Resident Tickets

Following our move to Hillsborough Park we want to ensure that residents in close proximity to the park who may be directly impacted by the festival have the ability to apply for tickets. In areas where we deem this a possibility we will be providing 1000 free adult resident tickets. We have consulted local MP’s and council to determine the radius for households that are allowed to apply for our resident ticket offer.

We have judged the areas impacted on the following criteria – households proximity to stages on the park and noise, or if you are in an area that we have designated and publicised as a walking route or meeting point.

Category 1: Those who have properties within the section marked “Category 1” will have the option to claim for 2x General Admission Tickets and 2x U12 weekend tickets.

Category 2: Those who have properties within the section marked “Category 2” will have the option to apply to enter a ballot for 2x General Admission Tickets and 2x U12 weekend tickets. Please Note: we will require 2 x copies of your proof of address from the last 3 months. (this can be either a Utility Bill, Council Tax etc).

From the tramlines website ...

Resident Tickets

Following our move to Hillsborough Park we want to ensure that residents in close proximity to the park who may be directly impacted by the festival have the ability to apply for tickets. In areas where we deem this a possibility we will be providing 1000 free adult resident tickets. We have consulted local MP’s and council to determine the radius for households that are allowed to apply for our resident ticket offer.

We have judged the areas impacted on the following criteria – households proximity to stages on the park and noise, or if you are in an area that we have designated and publicised as a walking route or meeting point.

Category 1: Those who have properties within the section marked “Category 1” will have the option to claim for 2x General Admission Tickets and 2x U12 weekend tickets.

Category 2: Those who have properties within the section marked “Category 2” will have the option to apply to enter a ballot for 2x General Admission Tickets and 2x U12 weekend tickets. Please Note: we will require 2 x copies of your proof of address from the last 3 months. (this can be either a Utility Bill, Council Tax etc).

Right - so 500 households will get a pair of tickets. That seems reasonable enough to me?

Right - so 500 households will get a pair of tickets. That seems reasonable enough to me?

I'm wondering how many judging by some residents comments, will be resold.

Not really ....

Some residents are in the 'blue' zone yet only live yards from the park. (Dorothy Rd, Lennox Road, Shepperson Road etc) ...

These people may miss out on free tickets. How can that be right?

Not really ....

Some residents are in the 'blue' zone yet only live yards from the park. (Dorothy Rd, Lennox Road, Shepperson Road etc) ...

What a mess. Crazy. :loopy:

Guest makapaka

I wouldn’t have given any of them free tickets. Problem solved.

I wouldn’t have given any of them free tickets. Problem solved.

Quite, can probably hear it all anyway and wont have to put up with all the other people there.

Best bet is always the fringe - loads of good stuff on in smaller, nice venues in town. Try Gatsby, Bungalows n Bears, Delicious Clam etc.

There's a Hillsborough Forum meeting at 6pm on Trinity Church this evening. I've not seen an agenda but given the numbers that turned up when the move to Hillsborough was announced it may be up for questions.

I live in the Dorothy/lennox/Garry Rd area, we won't be applying for tickets and as at least 50% of our neighbours are pensioners, I don't think many of them will either. More in the pot for people who want them!

There's a Hillsborough Forum meeting at 6pm on Trinity Church this evening. I've not seen an agenda but given the numbers that turned up when the move to Hillsborough was announced it may be up for questions.

I live in the Dorothy/lennox/Garry Rd area, we won't be applying for tickets and as at least 50% of our neighbours are pensioners, I don't think many of them will either. More in the pot for people who want them!

Unless you live more than 20cm away :D

Not really ....

so where would you draw the line?