Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

I think the main point of Hillsborough is the tram connection.

Norfolk Park would be another great option but its a long walk up Granville Road.

Guest makapaka
its just too many events in one area,it saturates the area and the land,trust me it will be a disaster,to far from the other parts of the same event,too far from rail links,and if its a wet summer the land wont stand event after event on the same area,titanic comes to mind with this idea.nothing wrong with tramlines just it needs to be central to the city

western park might be good if theres a space/area for it.or Norfolk park.

Too far from rail links - there's a door to door tram from the train station.

Stop making up reasons.

reading the Sheffield star and no one is denying it this event losses £300,000 each year who pays that bill,the whole lot is madness, do the scc pay this bill,why cant they run this event like all the other events including lowedges with at least a break even figure,

it should be run by a company that has business sense,fair enough the council could pay a bit,but its worse than the titanic at least that had value and was insured.

Guest makapaka
reading the Sheffield star and no one is denying it this event losses £300,000 each year who pays that bill,the whole lot is madness, do the scc pay this bill,why cant they run this event like all the other events including lowedges with at least a break even figure,

it should be run by a company that has business sense,fair enough the council could pay a bit,but its worse than the titanic at least that had value and was insured.

The council don't pay £300k for tramlines.

Are you just trying to find reasons to not like tramlines now?

It's time to Stop digging that hole, it's really deep enough now :D

I'm sure next years ticket sales cover, the previous years losses.

the question is the shefield star stated that all except 1 year tramlines have lost money so can anyone say how much they owe and to whom as no business can loose huge amounts of money each year and stay in business,i this years event will settle all its past bills that's good news,even though I think Norfolk park would be the best venue.

Guest makapaka
the question is the shefield star stated that all except 1 year tramlines have lost money so can anyone say how much they owe and to whom as no business can loose huge amounts of money each year and stay in business,i this years event will settle all its past bills that's good news,even though I think Norfolk park would be the best venue.

Why are you bothered about how profitable it is anyway.

Is that really what offends you so much about it being in hillsborougb - whether it makes a profit?

I'm sure the tramlines directors are grateful for your concern.....

Thought someone wanted buyout Tramlines last year for £1million.

Edited by chris101
spelling

Guest makapaka
Thought someone wanted buyout Tramlines last year for £1million.

That's right - music city for £1.2m

I'm sure the residents around the Ponderosa had something to say in the previous years, and I'm sure the residents in West One had some strong views too.

I feel for those that live close to the park, I don't know if the council should provide them some compensation for inconvenience and noise. My friend is from Pilton in Somerset right next to the Glastonbury festival site and all the residents are provided parking access and free complimentary tickets for the weekend. I think tramlines should do the same for those on streets immediately affected.

I also think that moving it to Hillsborough will probably kill it off, one of the attractions has been being able to walk up through town and go to the bars. I think they will have real trouble convincing people to come out to Hillsborough on a tram when they have already travelled into the city from wherever they have started (a LOT of people come in from the surrounding towns) and back again. Even if you get the blue tram from the station then it will only get you to Hillsborough corner and will take you 24ish minutes each way.

They'd need a really big act to convince me to pay for a ticket. I'll be sticking to the bars in town that weekend.

On a different note the grassed areas of the park will need some serious work afterwards as well as it's quite waterlogged most of the year from the run off from the moors, remember it was only a couple of years ago penistone roadd flooded out because of a sustained rain.

I'm sure the residents around the Ponderosa had something to say in the previous years, and I'm sure the residents in West One had some strong views too.

I feel for those that live close to the park, I don't know if the council should provide them some compensation for inconvenience and noise. My friend is from Pilton in Somerset right next to the Glastonbury festival site and all the residents are provided parking access and free complimentary tickets for the weekend. I think tramlines should do the same for those on streets immediately affected.

I also think that moving it to Hillsborough will probably kill it off, one of the attractions has been being able to walk up through town and go to the bars. I think they will have real trouble convincing people to come out to Hillsborough on a tram when they have already travelled into the city from wherever they have started (a LOT of people come in from the surrounding towns) and back again. Even if you get the blue tram from the station then it will only get you to Hillsborough corner and will take you 24ish minutes each way.

They'd need a really big act to convince me to pay for a ticket. I'll be sticking to the bars in town that weekend.

On a different note the grassed areas of the park will need some serious work afterwards as well as it's quite waterlogged most of the year from the run off from the moors, remember it was only a couple of years ago penistone roadd flooded out because of a sustained rain.

Yeah they give free tickets to everyone who lives at Ponderosa and West One

Edited by SkylinePhoto

The residents of ponderosa did get free tickets (or so I was told)