Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Have you raised any of your concerns at any of the meetings?

Meetings I've attended the council employees and local councillors have been very sympathetic to points raised by the public.

I remember you had complaints when Hillfest occurred last year, how did those pan out?

I didn't even know the meetings existed until they were raised in this thread. I meet with councillors every now and then and they have the same concern I do about the park being overused.

---------- Post added 10-09-2017 at 09:17 ----------

If there was a post on here saying the park was closing due to lack of interest there would be outrage from the residents - just saying.

Wouldn't happen as the park is really well used without all these events anyway. The events are probably actually pushing out the people that use it on a regular basis, I know I don't enjoy my walk around when there is a blaring fair on and my dog before he passed certainly didn't.

PS I will raise my point again, it isn't the individual events I object to, it is the frequency of them.

Edited by tzijlstra

Do we know if anyone from the council will be attending this meeting ?

maybe if the councillors attend we could get them to ask the question as to what SWFC pay for the sole use of the car park on match days, at the time this was set up the car park was free now the council could easliy get all day parking for £4/5.

i for one think they should be paying the market rate for its use that could also go towards the park

50 spaces ( at a guess) at £5 a space x 24 games = £6000 not counting cup games and also premium for sole use.

ill lay money that the council dont see that much

I am going back some years but I used to love the Sheffield show when it was in Hillsborough park.They used to have bands on the stage and used to attract some big acts.I seem to remember seeing The Dooleys play there one year who were quite a big pop band in the late seventies.

The perfect opportunity to put views over is there at the next Hillsborough Forum (see my earlier post). Hardly any residents attend. Speaks for itself.

6:00 pm is a pretty difficult time for many working people to be able to get there for.

I was at tonight's meeting. Usually around six people there, lots more tonight. Representatives from Tramlines, the council major events team and a couple of councillors. Local residents and business people were given opportunities to ask questions, and anyone who wants to be kept informed/be involved could leave contact details. The mood felt fairly positive I thought.

I was at tonight's meeting. Usually around six people there, lots more tonight. Representatives from Tramlines, the council major events team and a couple of councillors. Local residents and business people were given opportunities to ask questions, and anyone who wants to be kept informed/be involved could leave contact details. The mood felt fairly positive I thought.

looks that way, council seem to have already set their stall out, on Tramlines being in Hillsborough Park, no outright decision but looks like tonight was an exercise in due process, getting everything ticked.

Still a good meeting.

Yeah agree was at the meeting looks like a done deal to me. The 2 councilors where like Muppets never had any input. Don't think they realise what it will be like 40000 people getting to Hillsborough and the parking problems it will cause for the residents.

Yeah agree was at the meeting looks like a done deal to me. The 2 councilors where like Muppets never had any input. Don't think they realise what it will be like 40000 people getting to Hillsborough and the parking problems it will cause for the residents.

Hi Chris,

You were sat just behind me, it's going to happen, so best make sure those (working) groups do get organised and make it work at local level, I personally want to see that the park, as well as local businesses benefit from any revenue made by Sheffield Council hosting the event in Hillsborough.

If it's going to impact the area, during the event then the area should have something to show for it after its finished, some parts of the park could do with new equipment for locals to use, such as the playground could be improved.

The park has had 10,000 people attending owls before, and I dare say go back a number of years and records would show much larger events.

The two tramlines representatives, seemed good natured and approachable.

Yeah hope they ask me to go on the working group. We should have asked how much the council where charging them to use our park. Do think some flyers & posters should have published this meeting so more local people would have known about it! But they have ticked the box.

Will be thinking long and hard at the next local elections because she did just tick a box.

Yeah hope they ask me to go on the working group. We should have asked how much the council where charging them to use our park. Do think some flyers & posters should have published this meeting so more local people would have known about it! But they have ticked the box.

Will be thinking long and hard at the next local elections because she did just tick a box.

Two of the three local councillors were there. Did you ask them anything?