Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

glad I don't live near the hillsbrough park,it must be a night mare with funfairs,festivals,circus events never mind swfc crowds and shoppers,its madness

it is supposed to be a city centre event,if this is the case move it around major parks each year,but the idea was to attract folks to Sheffield via train,bus,tram ect,what about

visitors coming by coach and train from other citys? its a few miles to hillsbrough

I live near and frankly, it is getting preposterous. People always say I'm a nimby when I point it out, but when we moved here ten years ago we only had 1 or 2 fairs a year and Owls in the Park (If I remember well) this year we've had event, after event, after event.

I understand the council wants to make money out of its parks but it is verging on the ridiculous this year, as it was last year. We live near a park so we can go for a nice walk, a picknick or to let the dog out. Most of the summer large parts of the park are occupied by one event or another however. Not to mention the noise it generates and the problems we increasingly have with parking in the area.

Guest makapaka
I live near and frankly, it is getting preposterous. People always say I'm a nimby when I point it out, but when we moved here ten years ago we only had 1 or 2 fairs a year and Owls in the Park (If I remember well) this year we've had event, after event, after event.

I understand the council wants to make money out of its parks but it is verging on the ridiculous this year, as it was last year. We live near a park so we can go for a nice walk, a picknick or to let the dog out. Most of the summer large parts of the park are occupied by one event or another however. Not to mention the noise it generates and the problems we increasingly have with parking in the area.

But if an event is on it means lots of people are getting use of the park which is what it's there for.

glad I don't live near the hillsbrough park,it must be a night mare with funfairs,festivals,circus events never mind swfc crowds and shoppers,its madness

it is supposed to be a city centre event,if this is the case move it around major parks each year,but the idea was to attract folks to Sheffield via train,bus,tram ect,what about

visitors coming by coach and train from other citys? its a few miles to hillsbrough

It's already spread across multiple venues including Ponderosa Park, Devonshire Green, Endcliffe Park and O2 Academy plus the free fringe in various pubs etc, Hillsborough Park has a tram stop right next to it linked direct to the City Centre and Meadowhall Interchange.

Public parks arent just for the people who live around them.

They are for everyone in the city to enjoy.

Tramlines would be attended by tens of thousands of people. Should that be stopped because of few moany people who live nearby?

Tramlines would be attended by tens of thousands of people. Should that be stopped because of few moany people who live nearby?

You obviously don't live near Hillsborough, its bad enough when there is a football match with parking and all the rubbish they leave on the streets. It should stay in the City Centre.

Guest makapaka
You obviously don't live near Hillsborough, its bad enough when there is a football match with parking and all the rubbish they leave on the streets. It should stay in the City Centre.

The football ground was there long before you were though wasn't it.

In regards to the park, 00's/000's people getting use of the park for an event is better then a couple of dozen people walking a dog around it.

Well that's going to kill it imho, Ponderosa was just about tolerable but hillsborough park is a long way from town.

Guest makapaka
Well that's going to kill it imho, Ponderosa was just about tolerable but hillsborough park is a long way from town.

I don't see why it would kill it - it never started with Ponderosa if you remember.

Just Devonshire Green - which it had this year and I understand is having again next year.

Why should our park be wrecked for someone to make loads of cash. If you believe it's non profit making count the flying pigs.

Guest makapaka
Why should our park be wrecked for someone to make loads of cash. If you believe it's non profit making count the flying pigs.

I don't think anyone's planning on wrecking the park - don't worry.

Yes parks are there for everyone to enjoy - enjoy the peace and tranquility in a busy world.

They are areas of nature in an ever crowded City - feed the ducks, watch the squirrels, enjoy the woodland walks.

They allow you to breathe and relax.

The park itself is a living entity full of different animals homes.

It doesn't need to be constantly filled with event after event to be in use.