Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

bad move was better as a free gig lots of people profit not just tramlines

More space and easy to police at Hillsborough park , plus I'm sure more money will get pumped into the park as well .

tramlines is outgrowing itself and the tramlines fringe event seems to be more prominant taking it away from the city centre is awful plan if anywhere endcliffe park would be a better venue purely because its nearer and plenty of bars on the way to endcliffe

I can't help but think about the clean up efforts afterwards as well.

I know that Devonshire Green and the surrounding areas have been left in a bit of a mess "post tramlines" in the past however the brilliant City Centre cleaning teams have cracked on and had it all clean in no time at all.

Would SCC simply divert all City Centre staff to Hillsborough in order to clean up afterwards?

I suppose that on the other hand, our parks are used to hosting large scale shows and events therefore they would be able to handle it quite adequately?

Long Division festival in Wakefield is much better anyway

- Same bands

- Better venues

- Less chavs

- Cheaper tickets

Thing is, won’t it be more easier to get from Dev Green to Hillsborough? Like 5 minutes walking to West Street tram stop and then a 10 minutes tram journey or whatever. Takes at least 27 minutes to walk to Ponderosa (and even longer for the disableds). So that might not be so bad. Anyway, what about giving new venues a chance. For example, we could have:

Arctic Monkeys playing a gig at the Embassy in Intake (in honour of Joe Cocker whose from there I think)

So Solid Crew playing a gig in that big mosque up Abbeydale Road

Oasis playing a gig in Bankers Draft pub

etc

Long Division festival in Wakefield is much better anyway

- Same bands

- Better venues

- Less chavs

- Cheaper tickets

Except that festival didn't happen this year despite early bird tickets being sold. The majority of acts that you would pay to see at Long Division would actually be part of the free Tramlines Fringe festival, which is held in great venues all over Sheffield.

Except that festival didn't happen this year despite early bird tickets being sold. The majority of acts that you would pay to see at Long Division would actually be part of the free Tramlines Fringe festival, which is held in great venues all over Sheffield.

Last year they decided to have a year off, but the 2 or 3 before had almost identical line-ups of touring/national/international bands to Tramlines. Basically everyone with new albums coming out that autumn to promote

Last year they decided to have a year off, but the 2 or 3 before had almost identical line-ups of touring/national/international bands to Tramlines. Basically everyone with new albums coming out that autumn to promote

Are you any relation to Richard? :)

Well I'll be attending next weeks Hillsborough Forum meeting think they may get a frosty response from the locals.

I think moving the main stage that far out of town will mean a lot of people choose to drive to Hillsborough.

Parking will be a big problem.

There are Tramlines taking you right to it.

(Sorry about that. I shall give myself a slap.)