Anyone play the Keyboard on here?

Hello Ive recently started playing it I bought a Yamaha PSRE423 it has got some great sounds really impressed with it keep doing finger exercises and playing little melodies..

What do you like to play?

I am enjoying learning the synth songs of the 80s

Never played one mate, but good look with it, I'm sure you will be sought after before long!

I do I have a Korg Triton Extreme. Have played them for over 30 years. You will soon pick it up. Enjoy :)

Thank you! Yeah its tricky especially playing two hands different things lol

Yes it is but after a while you will just forget what the left hand is doing and concentrate more on the right hand. Sounds strange I know but it just happens.

I have a Yamaha DGX500, it can sound like any instrument in an orchestra (though some sounds are more convincing than others!). I also have an 8 track digital recorder, by connecting the keyboard to the recorder I can easily record and mix musical sounds.

I play keyboards - but not has often now has I used to, due to having hearing loss which frustrates me, I can't hear all the instrument voices that are available to me.....so I am restricted to only being able to play using organ voices and then sometimes I find myself having to transpose to a lower Key.

I can't read a note of music....I play by ear and am self taught, been playing now for about 30 years. Started out with a furniture type Yamaha organ ( think it was a B33 ), then changed it for a Horner, went onto to Casio Keyboards, Yamaha all different models, and now got a Technics KN6000 on the bottom level of a keyboard stand with a Korg PA500 on the top deck.

Providing I know the piece of music I hear on the radio or someone mentions to me, I can go to the keyboard and within a few minutes am able to play it no matter what style its in....so I'm lucky there people tell me.

We're an established prog covers and originals project based in South Yorkshire. You must have a genuine love/appreciation for Marillion/Floyd/Genesis/Yes/Rush and the genre in general, able to commit to practice most weeks and gig weekends mainly, no less than 2 or 3 a month average.

We're all experienced and are serious about this project, we are the best (and only) in the region, well known and anticipate regular gigs in 2018 around Yorkshire, Notts, Derbyshire, Manchester with a view to further afield. Some gigs are waiting, these nearly always will be paid but money shared between 5 or put back into gear so if you're only into earning a living please don't apply as we perceive the band above the individual.

There is no pressure to learn the whole set in a short space of time as our current player is leaving in the new year 2018 but we would like to make start asap.

We don't require vast experience, expensive gear or even a Sheffielder, just a reliable, honest and communicative team player that can satisfy and commit to the above

Contact me on here for more information and set details.