Man Threatens To Burn Down Howden House

Anyone who has been to Howden House has probably thought about doing the same...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/staff-evacuated-from-council-building-in-sheffield-city-centre-1-8735772

Staff were evacuated from a council building in Sheffield city centre this morning after a man arrived with a petrol can.

Police were called to Howden House, Union Street, after the man started making threats to set the building alight at around 9.20am.

Good lord! Wonder what made him do that?

Despair. The system does not move quickly when people are in dire need and it's often difficult to understand and navigate the system.

That said there is obviously no excuse for threatening to burn the building down.

Couldn't get the system started.

Just checking if it needed petrol.

A few years ago I used to indulge in the odd beverage at The Red Lion on Charles Street. In this time I became friendly with several other patrons, one of which worked up in the council building. Some of the stories he told at times astonished me, the number of threats that staff have against them you would not believe.

It doesn't surprise you in the slightest that these places tend to have glass partitions to protect the staff.

I am sure we have all felt like doing something in that place before now

Has anyone ever tried to contact the council? Whenever you call the phones you get "I'm sorry all our operators are busy and you can't join a queue" then it goes dead. Emails are never responded to. It's shameful.

I'm not surprised that someone has lost the plot there, at all.

I've had to start ignoring letters from the council, as I have no way of contacting them about them. If phones/emails/letters don't get a response, what more can you do?

If phones/emails/letters don't get a response, what more can you do?

Torch the dump??

oh wait.............

Well there is one thing for certain, whether this person was a desperate individual or not. Such foolish actions as these guarantee one outcome of at least several years rent free accommodation (At her majesty's pleasure).

Well there is one thing for certain, whether this person was a desperate individual or not. Such foolish actions as these guarantee one outcome of at least several years rent free accommodation (At her majesty's pleasure).

Ah, that's the reason then !

Well there were some "public" in there, contrary to reports - i.e me and a few others. Everyone was quite calm and unfazed by this tortured soul's sudden appearance and more worried they'd lost their place in the queue....

Well there were some "public" in there, contrary to reports - i.e me and a few others. Everyone was quite calm and unfazed by this tortured soul's sudden appearance and more worried they'd lost their place in the queue....

There are more arguments about losing your place in the queue, or people pushing on than anything else.