International break spoiling football.

Why do we need this stupid break in the best weather in early season .especially in the lower leagues where one or two players maybe playing for outer Mongolia or Scotland .

Its daft and in Wednesdays case means no home football for almost a month.

Why do we need this stupid break in the best weather in early season .especially in the lower leagues where one or two players maybe playing for outer Mongolia or Scotland .

Its daft and in Wednesdays case means no home football for almost a month.

I think that's an insult to the people of outer Mongolia !

Football is ruined, especially at International level - too many teams in the WC and EC finals, too many non-descript teams in the qualifiers make them a mockery and players seem to see an England call up as an inconvenience not an honour.

Agreed. One of the reasons it was introduced was because the successful national teams did it. It has never quite worked out though.

Only a small proportion of fans give a toss about England, so the England manager should have to choose players put forward by the clubs, not the players he (or she) wants to pick.

That way, it gives proper football (that's a laugh!) freedom to keep the fans' happier. Not me, you understand, but some fans. :hihi:

Do very highly paid professional players really need a break to play the likes of Malta!!! International football is being destroyed by greed, far too many teams in the World Cup and Euro's makes the finals a joke.

Edited by top4718

We might be getting the football matches late Saturday night,with the new tv deal just signed

If England played matches at the bottom of my garden I'd close the curtains!

Come on guys lm England all the way in any sport yeah l don't like the breaks but a lot of young footballers dream of playing for there country.

And it gives them a break from the stress of the league programme..

I watch cricket lm a diehard ashes fanatic if l had the funds l would be there this series and keep a eye on the championship.

Whatever the sport l support anything English lm proud to be English.

Ok must admit were not good at much lol...but its not the point..

ive no problem with the international breaks.just had 2 cheap days alcohol wise across in Lithuania for the Scotland game, next up 3 nights in Slovenia first week in October international break again.