Papa johns ecclesall road

Has anyone else had this. I had had a few drinks but was not by any means drunk on bank holiday Sunday for a friends hen do on ecclesall road. I paid contactless for a pizza and saw it said approved the person then gave me a piece of blank receipt and said it had not gone through and Refused to give me any food unless I paid again. I had to pay again and he said he would refund me If it had gone through twice. Checked my bank and it has gone twice called them and they want full bank statements and account number to even look at it. Sounds well dodgy just wondering if they do this all the time as it is ecclesall road bet they could make a right killing doing this no way I am giving them bank statements and account details, I have contacted the fraud team.

Sounds like you did the right thing. If that doesn't work, I suppose you could always write to the action desk at ' The Star ' newspaper. I went to Papa Johns not long after it first open, and didn't reckon that much to their food:gag:

Good luck, I ordered a pizza that never arrived. Took me 3 month arguing with CS to get my money back. Bunch of morons.

I had a pizza here and didn't enjoy it. Also I noticed when I went to collect it the hygiene standards weren't great- ladies doing the food with hair down and not tried back. The guy who took the money then went straight to touching the food. Would t go back

Sounds like a system issue happen with contactless. A transaction can show on your Ccount straight away but actually the money hasn't been taken as it hasn't received the confirmation signal, just the request for funds. Normally sorts out within 72 hours unless your with natwest and they seem to take ages. If it has come out twice they will sort it I'm sure. So many people try it on and normally there trying to do it before then money is auto recalled to your account. This kind of this g happens all the time it is very rare that the amount comes out twice even though it maybe showing as it's going to come out twice. Also if it is contactless you can't make the same value transaction at the same place within a set time to prevent duplicate transaction

If you've been charged twice or defrauded by this outfit please contact [Sheffield Trading Standards].

If see questionable standards of food hygiene and/or food preparation report it directly to the [Food Standards Agency].

If you suspect the person serving you is working in the UK illegally, you can report them anonymously to the [Home Office].

Why would you even go to Papa Johns?

Disgusting pizzas, taste like soap!! :S

Sounds like a system issue happen with contactless. A transaction can show on your Ccount straight away but actually the money hasn't been taken as it hasn't received the confirmation signal, just the request for funds. Normally sorts out within 72 hours unless your with natwest and they seem to take ages. If it has come out twice they will sort it I'm sure. So many people try it on and normally there trying to do it before then money is auto recalled to your account. This kind of this g happens all the time it is very rare that the amount comes out twice even though it maybe showing as it's going to come out twice. Also if it is contactless you can't make the same value transaction at the same place within a set time to prevent duplicate transaction

Hi it is contactless and went through twice I have spoken to the bank who have said it has gone through fully twice. The fraud team are investigating it given how it happened and me being given a blank receipt which was under the counter as evidence that it had not gone through. It is not in the bank yet, every time I speak to papa johns they want more and more personal information.

---------- Post added 02-09-2017 at 15:22 ----------

Good luck, I ordered a pizza that never arrived. Took me 3 month arguing with CS to get my money back. Bunch of morons.

Hmmm I have been onto cs they are pathetic called me. Liar on Facebook told them it's not my honesty in question.

---------- Post added 02-09-2017 at 15:23 ----------

If you've been charged twice or defrauded by this outfit please contact [Sheffield Trading Standards].

If see questionable standards of food hygiene and/or food preparation report it directly to the [Food Standards Agency].

If you suspect the person serving you is working in the UK illegally, you can report them anonymously to the [Home Office].

Thanks will ring trading standards on Monday i have called police as its theft and then trying to get bank statements, account number, sort code, my signature, full address

This is only somewhat loosely connected to the thread, but:

This is partly a problem with old banks - it takes a long time for a transaction to appear and for you to check what’s happened. Many contactless machines don’t produce receipts and so there’s no evidence as to what has happened.

Banks such as Monzo pop up a transaction immediately on your phone and so you have proof at the time of purchase whether it’s gone through or not.