Noise complaint about my 125cc scooter.

All aftermarket exhausts will have a BS or E stamp to show its road legal, or will be stamped 'not for road use'. My Delkevic stubby can has an E mark, as did the Fuel exhaust on my last bike, and the Akrapovic on the one before that. They all change the sound the bike makes, but with the baffles left in dont make it any louder. I suggest staying out of the conversation if you dont know what youre talking about

---------- Post added 01-09-2017 at 16:03 ----------

And if its passed an MOT with it on, its not making too much noise, or it would fail, therefore its not illegal.

You do realise that an MOT is only a snapshot of a moment in time and that an MOT does not test noise levels?

The noise law suoercedes the MOT.

Even with an MOT, if a subsequent police test shows a noise level above legal. You're nicked.

There's Google street view but I wouldn't advertise where you live to be honest.

No, he should.

We can all fit after-market exhausts to our vehicles and rev them outside his house when he's trying to sleep.

See how he likes that :)

You could post pic on Flickr or similar and post a link on here. I don't think your doing anything wrong, so don't go through any expense trying to please the un-pleasable.

yes the scooter is a high rev to start then i will settle after 30 sec or so. ive been told thats DNA for you but in my opinion compared to a vespa my bike is quite. i will book it in at my local scooter garage and get them to inspect. ill start pushing it to the road side and have to start it up no over place bang beside their house instead two doors down and only passing end of there garden.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 18:12 ----------

i wish i could post a pic were i live to show more better how little im really doing it my way but hay ��

Does your after market exhaust have a stamp on it saying NOT FOR ROAD USE?

If so swap it back to factory standard and tell them to **** off.

I have a 1690CC Harley Davidson that sounds like god is angry with you. If I ever ride it early or late I roll down the hill with it off and wake people up a few streets away instead of my immediate neighbours.

Just keep riding it as you are until some sort of official* gives you a warning in writing about the noise.

*Not just some random scrubber who lives 3 streets away. ;)

Aftermarket exhaust or not, if its passed an MOT, then its legal and youre not doing anything wrong.

Depends if it was MOTed with that exhaust on. I know people who put the stock one on for MOT then go back to the aftermarket loud one afterwards. Same with CATs on cars.

Noise is often down to the discretion of the tester as well, usually because the wording in the MOT manual is quite woolly.

Some testers might not care, some might just be old lads that can't hear very well anymore :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Depends if it was MOTed with that exhaust on. I know people who put the stock one on for MOT then go back to the aftermarket loud one afterwards. Same with CATs on cars.

I think there's a fair bit of discretion given to the tester. Not just on this either. I'm trying to remember what it is that I've known people go through an MOT fine with and then been ticketed by the Police...but it's slipped my mind for now. I seem to remember it may have been to do with number plates.

I think there's a fair bit of discretion given to the tester. Not just on this either. I'm trying to remember what it is that I've known people go through an MOT fine with and then been ticketed by the Police...but it's slipped my mind for now. I seem to remember it may have been to do with number plates.

They will just say it was ok when it was tested. I had my car tested a few weeks back, I am still trying to sort out my headlights. If they think you want a cheap pass, that is what they do.

The number plate has nothing to do with the mot

The number plate has nothing to do with the mot

Number plate lights do.