Who removes Fridges free of charge? Is it the council

I have a fridge freezer on my drive that needs moving. Im sure years ago you could have them removed for free but I cant remember who?

Thanks

I'm sure that years ago the council removed them for free....something to do with environmental concerns of fridges (as opposed to other white goods).

They won't now.....You could try freecycle, if the fridge works & someone wants it

I have a fridge freezer on my drive that needs moving. Im sure years ago you could have them removed for free but I cant remember who?

Thanks

Depends if you're a council tenant or a private tenant?

https://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield/collections-home/collections-home/bulky-item-collection-service

Edited by SkylinePhoto

Depends if you're a council tenant or a private tenant?

If they're still providing that service to their own tenants, I wonder if it's paid for soley from the Rent Revenue Account?

Thanks

The dump it sites take them if you can get it down there .

Im private. As per normal, only care about council tenants!! Takes ****!

I had a collection recently. The lady that I spoke to said the cost of the service is included in our rent.

When you purchase a new fridge the seller is obliged to offer a service to take away your old fridge. Use it and it saves a lot of hassle and was free when I did it about 2 years ago via a cheap internet company.

The dump it sites take them if you can get it down there .

Which most people can't as you can't take vans, small vans, or estate cars loaded anymore...

Which most people can't as you can't take vans, small vans, or estate cars loaded anymore...

Now your telling porkies.