Abusive passenger kicked off Supertram after bigoted tirade

My bold=

I wonder if you would think the same if the racist opinion was about you?

There is no justification for this mans behaviour and you trying to play it down as "everyone is entitled to their opinion " says a lot about you.

This sort of behaviour needs challenging by all decent people...

Absolutely. Behaviour like this becoming tolerated or regarded as 'normal' is the start of a very slippery slope.

---------- Post added 31-08-2017 at 11:08 ----------

I think people need to find hobbies or jobs if they are concerned about little things like this.

Get over it is my opinion.

'little things' like racism? Umm.......

I think people need to find hobbies or jobs if they are concerned about little things like this.

Good idea, it would help and less time/energy in thinking bout all that stuff that became too much for him to keep for himself.

He threatened the black guy, that's a crime. :roll:

The woman baiting him and recording is just as bad also. She was getting kicks from drunken morons making fools of themselves.

Life goes on guys.

What an uneducated, ignorant man....

It's the same thing. :)

The guy living next door to me who indulged every now and then and went on the occasional rant, offending all, had major problems.

His wife told me that he suffered abuse and neglect in childhood. It seemed to me that the only way he could get any kind of attention, just like a naughty kid, would be to go off on one, any attention all be it negative was attention to him.

Did he deserve a kicking?

If he threatened people with violence then he deserved prosecuting, see how he liked that attention.

Cyclone, not good to be in angry parent mode all the time chill out a bit : My post is about my ex neighbour, in answer to a now deleted Mafia post.

The guy living next door to me who indulged every now and then and went on the occasional rant, offending all, had major problems.

His wife told me that he suffered abuse and neglect in childhood. It seemed to me that the only way he could get any kind of attention, just like a naughty kid, would be to go off on one, any attention all be it negative was attention to him.

Did he deserve a kicking?

If he threatened violence, and spouted racist abuse, then yes.

Having a bad upbringing doesn't make you immune to prosecution for crimes.

Of course it doesn't. But it goes some way to explaining his behaviour..........if that's the case of course.

Of course it doesn't. But it goes some way to explaining his behaviour..........if that's the case of course.

True. But then that's a big, big debate. Where do you draw the line? Loads and loads of people that commit crimes have had upbringings/backgrounds that may explain what they've done, but the line (i.e. the law) has to be applied universally, regardless of that. I guess sometimes it seems more fair than others, but a universal standard for behaviour has to exist in any functioning society.