Looking for a map ..

Hi All,

We have been in SHeffield now for 7 months and will soon be moving on again. We have really enjoyed our time here and got to see quite a lot of the town and the peaks and experienced some great moments and so we would like to take with us something that means something to us and will make us remember this time. One of the things that really stood out for us was a map that we saw hanging in a pub in Nether Edge that was called "where the bombs fell in Sheffield" (or similar) ..... does anyone know where I could get a copy of that map. Not an online thing ... something I can buy ... I think it was printed by The Star (or Sheffield Star?)

Thanks for the help

Vic

Hello VicZA, I have found these 2 phone numbers for The Star newspaper so maybe someone there would be able to help you. 0114 276 7676.and 0330 123 0203. Good luck.

Alan.

Try Googling "bombs in Sheffield blitz" and go to Images. You may be able to track down the sources from there.

5w7uri7.jpg The map you refer to: Where the Bombs Fell in Sheffield was originally part of this book produced by The Sheffield Telegraph & Star. It unfolded out to approximately A1 size. I don't know if it was ever supplied separately. Edited by cat631

I sent you a personal message VicZA, did you receive it?

Hi jmdee ... yes I did thanks ... will consider it but am looking at other options.