Worst Films Ever Made?

UHF (with weird al jancovich)

- although i ****** myself laughing the first time, round, i bought it 10 years later and cringed/got bored.

Dogma

-with alanis morissette as god. appalling film throughout.

Originally posted by tinajones

Dogma

-with alanis morissette as god. appalling film throughout.

I thought that this film was great! One of the most original I'd seen in a long time, with a whole raft of great supporting characters.

Originally posted by alchresearch

I thought that this film was great! One of the most original I'd seen in a long time, with a whole raft of great supporting characters.

mm made me laugh, but it was a bit ham fisted in its gags on the catholic church, although at least it made some.

Alanis morisette doesn't appear until right at the end, and she only opens her mouth once, so that's ok.

And Ms Hayek's cameo was clearly crowbar-ed in so hard it hurt.

Good film making, in the sense that smith has copied the greats and innovated as well. Photgraphy was good too I thought.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, however, is certainly the pinnacle of Smith films, especially if you like bad language, coarse sexual references and never ending New Jersey Patois from Jason Mewes, plus lots of knowing cameos, the most implausible storyline ever and an orang-utan.

r.e dogma

i like the issues it covered about religion, race, kitsch, taste, (thumbs up jesus statue) etc, but it was so juvenile that the irony/jokes were lame. i know the main characters were teenage boys but bill and ted managed to be subversive and funny whilst appealing to people with different intellects andknowledge.

this was proper dumbed down humour. would have found it enlightening if i was about 12.

yes i agree the aesthetics were good - bar mr affleck and matt damon.

To be honest I hate most of the hollywood stuff nowadays.

The last one I saw was Planet of the Apes which I only went to to appease a friend who had organised the trip and noone wanted to go.

I sat through the whole thing which was completely dreadful.

I came home and started texting all my friends telling them to never ever see it cos it was so horrendous and I started getting texts back saying, "How can you talk about that at a time like this???"

I didn't have a clue what anyone was talking about and in the end one friend phoned and said, "Look, just turn the TV on".

Yup, it was September 11th 2001.

Other awful awful films were the ones my mum made us sit through as small children in an attempt to expose us to some kultcha, such as Gone with the Wind, and other dull and dreary epics.

Originally posted by purplepippa

To be honest I hate most of the hollywood stuff nowadays.

are you a cultural elitist who only goes to the showroom to see alternative films?!

i think hollywood has produced some fantastic films but then they do have the money and multi-platform backing to support their efforts.

Originally posted by tinajones

are you a cultural elitist who only goes to the showroom to see alternative films?!

Hiya

Not especially. I'm not a big fan of films in general for pretty much the same reasons I don't watch TV any more.

But yes sometimes I see films at the Showroom. I generally find them more interesting and less predictable, moralistic, heterosexist, showy etc. than Hollywood ones.

And I like seeing French films to keep up my other language.

But I rarely see films at all. I think the last one I saw was Planet of the Apes on Sept 11th 2001!!

Originally posted by mr craig

And i know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one,but i thought the first Lord Of The Rings film was garbage as well.I've never watched a film so full of characters i wanted to smack. "Mr frodo, mr frodo" grrrrrrrrr.

Same here. I thought it was complete crap. Probably the only film Ive ever fallen asleep while watching in the cinema. 3 hours of garbage.

Dog Soldiers

Dumb and Dumberer

Final Destination 1 & 2

Blair Witch Project

Dogma

I know some have been mentioned before, yet are so bad I reckon they deserve a second mention:thumbsup:

My choices are....

Mario brothers with Bob Hoskins, enough said!

A walk to remember, got dragged out to that one with some plane tickets being held ransom for if I didn't go!!!:mad:

Mr nice guy, although I love Jackie Chan films this one was a nihgtmare.

I agree that the Lord Of The Rings trilogy was a load of overblown tosh.

I'd also like to add to the list of worst films:

Moulin Rouge (a film strictly for women and fans of Barbra Streisand)

plus:

almost everything by Nicolas Cage (Con Air especially) and Tom Green

It has to be and can only ever be "Plan 9 from Outer Space" directed by Ed Wood. Johnny Depp played him in Tim Burton's film "Ed Wood".

Plan 9' got voted the worst film ever made so it must be!!!, and yes i have seen it and it's laughable, anybody else seen it??

The film Ed Wood is fab and JD is fantastic in it.