The required URL was not found problem

Can anyone help? I have a Samsung Tab 3 which I haven't used for about 9months so decided to charge it and also left it switched on. I then went to have a look at my emails on a ipad air2 that I have been using for sometime and its always been fine I clicked on the yahoo site which opened but when I click on yahoo mail I get URL message and if I try filling in the box to search for the problem it then says Safari cannot find server. This has only started since I turned on my Samsung tablet.I switched off the Samsung and uninstalled yahoo from the ipad and then reinstalled it but that hasnt helped, everything else works ok. Can someone tell me what I may have done? Thanks alan p.

I don't have any Apple stuff, however when my Motorola phone will not connect to the computer I power cycle the router, and that usually fixes the problem.

Hello Mikes10 I don't think its the router because I have just tried 2 phones a laptop and the ipad and all connect to the wifi no problem its only the ipad that cannot open yahoo mail it opens everything else. Alan.

All this started only when I switched on the Samsung tablet the ipad never had a problem opening yahoo mail till I switched the Samsung on.

Edited by alan p
Added extra

The Samsung probably had an old IP address which is now clashing with the iPad. As already stated reboot the router.

Thank you both for the help will do what you advice.Alan.

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 08:23 ----------

Hello again,

I did what you both recommended but it hasn't fixed my problem,what I have found Yahoo works fine but if I try and open the mail from the main page it comes up with URL not found but if I use Yahoo mail from its own app it then opens.It doesn't make sense to me but I will just use the mail app when I need it. Thank you again.alan p.

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 11:48 ----------

Hello again tried what you both recommended but it hasn't solved my problem.

I have noticed that if I open the yahoo search it works ok but if I try to open the mail that's when I get URL was not found and if I try to look on the help bit I get the same but if I open the yahoo mail app then it opens ok. It looks like I will have to have both apps for yahoo one to search and one for mail. Thanks again.Alan.:confused:

Hello Mikes10 and martin6 tried to post and let you know how I went on but it just keeps adding my reply to my last thread. Alan.

Hello Mikes10 and martin6 tried to post and let you know how I went on but it just keeps adding my reply to my last thread. Alan.

That's been the case for some time now due to changes made by the forum Admin.

Hello swarfendor43, I thought it was something that I was doing wrong:hihi:

Yahoo has recently been bought by Verizon wireless, and as a result there may be some changes...

There may also be some occasions when services go down or not work while it takes place..

Maybe could be related to that?