Death by dangerous cycling

Sorry to hear this Cyclone and glad you're not hurt. Any prospect of tracing the driver?

Seems slim, unfortunately my camera is facing forwards and I didn't think they'd do a runner, so it only caught the side of the car.

There's a change that a tram coming the other way will have the car on video, but that will require the police to get the video.

I have the time and location, registration of 2 cars behind who would have seen what happened, and the tram number.

If it ever happens again I'll leave my bike on the floor and pull out my phone for a photo ASAP. You don't think of that when you're picking yourself up though.

That's complete nonsense of course. If someone steps out in front of you then it's entirely possible that you couldn't stop. The only way to not be "going too fast" by your definition is to be stationary, all the time.

Yet he had enough time to shout at her twice to get out of the way. I suspect it was a case of " she shouldn't be in the road and I'm within my rights if something happens it's her fault" kind of attitude. He'll have to live with his actions for the rest of his life. His apparent lack of empathy for the deceased and her family seems to suggest deeper problems.

18 months in the slammer . what a pathetic sentence . If it was a motorist it would have been at least double that . Yet again , one rule for drivers, another for cyclists.

18 months in the slammer . what a pathetic sentence . If it was a motorist it would have been at least double that . Yet again , one rule for drivers, another for cyclists.

Why? Because you say so? Get real and prove it, or stop making absurd claims.

According to these statistics http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9636991/Third-of-drivers-who-kill-and-maim-avoid-jail.html a third of drivers don't go to gaol and about two fifths get less than two years.

I think it's fair to say you're comprehensively wrong. Again.

Edited by Halibut

If it was a motorist it would have been half that or they'd have been let off. (I also have done no research to back up my claim)

If it was a motorist it would have been half that or they'd have been let off. (I also have done no research to back up my claim)

What does 'let off' mean? Not prosecuted? You could always help Penny by giving him a link to your research.

What does 'let off' mean? Not prosecuted? You could always help Penny by giving him a link to your research.

I didn't do any research as stated in my post.

Edited by TimmyR

I had a bump over the weekend caused by a cyclist who then rode off into the sunset. It caused a fair bit of damage and to save my NCD ill be footing the bill.

Does this mean every cyclist on the road is going to do the same?

No.

Does this mean I will stop driving in my usual manner?

No.

Its life. Stuff happens. Yes there are way too many cyclists who flaunt the law and ride like morons but on my daily drive its not cyclists who drive so close to my bumper i can almost see the hairs up their nose.

Its not cyclists who generally pull out at junctions forcing people to stop abruptly.

Its also not cyclists aggressively force themselves into your lane then question your sexuality and parentage when you dare to complain about their dangerous actions. Well apart from Saturday :hihi:

I had a bump over the weekend caused by a cyclist who then rode off into the sunset. It caused a fair bit of damage and to save my NCD ill be footing the bill.

Does this mean every cyclist on the road is going to do the same?

No.

Does this mean I will stop driving in my usual manner?

No.

Its life. Stuff happens. Yes there are way too many cyclists who flaunt the law and ride like morons but on my daily drive its not cyclists who drive so close to my bumper i can almost see the hairs up their nose.

Its not cyclists who generally pull out at junctions forcing people to stop abruptly.

Its also not cyclists aggressively force themselves into your lane then question your sexuality and parentage when you dare to complain about their dangerous actions. Well apart from Saturday :hihi:

Thanks for this. Its makes a big difference when a motorist states what is bleeding obviously the case. There are morons on bikes, there are morons in cars. A moron in a car doesn't mean all motorists are morons and the same is true for cyclists .

Edited by TimmyR

you are so wrong.

did you realise that ten people per day die from dangerous driving.

3500 per yr.

so far this yr there have been two by bike.

Correction on your data - a bit out-of-date.

3500 per year was the case in 2004.

The last reported full-year KSI figures had 1732 deaths in 2015.

(Mystifyingly, 2016 figures won't be published until next week (?), I'm told).

I had a bump over the weekend caused by a cyclist who then rode off into the sunset. :hihi:

Its always good to blame someone else.