Clarkehouse Road S11 post box

Hi......apparantely there is a franked post box on this road. Does anyone know exactly where? It seems a long road and it will save me driving very slow looking for it in rush hour traffic and peeing other commuters off?!

This will most probably be the pair of postboxes immediately below the school, opposite the junction with Broomgrove Road.

Finding a place to pull up may well prove to be a pain as it is always heaving on this road.

This will most probably be the pair of postboxes immediately below the school, opposite the junction with Broomgrove Road.

Finding a place to pull up may well prove to be a pain as it is always heaving on this road.

Yes that's what I was thinking !! Thanks

Unusual to find a 'franked-post only' box in the suburbs; but there are/were several offices of solicitors/accountants nearby so that's presumably why.

PS: it's S10.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Found them where you said top of broomsgrove road....nearly missed them as covered in graffiti! In future I'll park top of broomsgrove road and walk over to post box.

Strangely enough.. I asked this question of Royal Mail the other day and got a complete list of franked (business post boxes) for our areas.

The Clarkehouse Road one is at the front of King Edwards school

53.37553833 -1.49498797

Strangely enough.. I asked this question of Royal Mail the other day and got a complete list of franked (business post boxes) for our areas.

The Clarkehouse Road one is at the front of King Edwards school

53.37553833 -1.49498797

Where are the other ones in surrounding areas of Sheffield do you know?? They're doesn't seem to be be many these days!

Sorry, not exactly the place to ask this, but I'll try anyway:

What is the purpose/benefit of franked-only boxes? Am I right in thinking these are boxes only for post that doesn't use a postage stamp? Instead it uses a ink stamp.

Or am I totally wrong?

And how would someone know if a post box was franked-only or not? I am not sure if I've ever seen one!

Sorry, not exactly the place to ask this, but I'll try anyway:

What is the purpose/benefit of franked-only boxes? Am I right in thinking these are boxes only for post that doesn't use a postage stamp? Instead it uses a ink stamp.

Or am I totally wrong?

And how would someone know if a post box was franked-only or not? I am not sure if I've ever seen one!

Yes. Franking post is much, much cheaper than stamping it.

Unless a 'franked-only' box is used (and they are clearly marked as such- usually they're adjacent to a 'normal' box), the only options are:

a. handing post in over a PO counter; or

b. enclosing all franked post in a special outer envelope, marking that one as prescribed, and putting that one in the red postbox.

Yes. Franking post is much, much cheaper than stamping it.

Unless a 'franked-only' box is used (and they are clearly marked as such- usually they're adjacent to a 'normal' box), the only options are:

a. handing post in over a PO counter; or

b. enclosing all franked post in a special outer envelope, marking that one as prescribed, and putting that one in the red postbox.

Thank you, it was what I thought it was.

My question (now) is: why is there a need for a franked only box? Does it save time sorting postage at the post office end i.e. the packages/envelopes don't need to be weighed?

Thanks!

My question (now) is: why is there a need for a franked only box? Does it save time sorting postage at the post office end i.e. the packages/envelopes don't need to be weighed?

Yes- esp as there's no PO near KE School.

We weigh and frank all our post at work and separate into green bags for 2nd class and red for 1st class. As far as I know you can only hand these in at the post office or use franked post boxes? If it's any different I'd like to know as franked post boxes are very few and far between!