Mayweather v mcgregor

Two 70 year old film stars who were never trained in any combat sport or martial art, that would be, well, not very sporting.

At least the first two are actually trained martial artists, albeit both getting on a bit.

Who would your money be on Cyclone...Seagal or Norris in their prime.:D

Two 70 year old film stars who were never trained in any combat sport or martial art, that would be, well, not very sporting.

At least the first two are actually trained martial artists, albeit both getting on a bit.

One touch from Seagal and you'll literally be flipping through the air -

:rolleyes:

Who would your money be on Cyclone...Seagal or Norris in their prime.:D

No idea to be honest, there must be some history from the early days of UFC though, when grappling/throwing fighters met purely striking (and feet heavy striking) fighters, who would win? I'm guessing that it might be the grappling/throwing fighters more often than not, assuming they can manage to once get hold of the opponent. In which case, I'd say Seagal, he's got dan grades in judo and aikido I think from memory (aikido being his primary art at 7th dan).

---------- Post added 27-08-2017 at 09:08 ----------

So I'm assuming that anyone reading this has seen the result. I haven't watched the fight and never will, but how did it go to 10 rounds before the expected result came to pass? Was he just playing with him?

They have to make the public think they have their monies worth,he's fighting Rik Flair next.

No idea to be honest, there must be some history from the early days of UFC though, when grappling/throwing fighters met purely striking (and feet heavy striking) fighters, who would win? I'm guessing that it might be the grappling/throwing fighters more often than not, assuming they can manage to once get hold of the opponent. In which case, I'd say Seagal, he's got dan grades in judo and aikido I think from memory (aikido being his primary art at 7th dan).

Chuck Norris has black belts in; taekwondo, BJJ, karate, judo, plus more (most of them at high degree) and is a legitimate mixed martial artist - he is 76 though...

Chuck Norris has black belts in; taekwondo, BJJ, karate, judo, plus more (most of them at high degree) and is a legitimate mixed martial artist - he is 76 though...

Fair enough, so he's got grappling and a ground game as well then. Ignoring the age that should make him superior to a judo/aikido only Seagal.

I'm puzzled by his BJJ blackbelt though. It's only been popular for a decade or two, blackbelts are really hard to get, unlike in Judo or TKD or karate, and as you say, he's 76 now, so when did he start BJJ and spend enough time to get to black?

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/chuck-norris-earns-3rd-degree-black-belt-in-bjj

And here's the story, 30 years, impressive.

He even created his own martial art, I didn't know that. It has a code of honour, starting with;

I will develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways.

So, having read that, I'll have breakfast and go the gym to justify a pigout bbq later and skipping my Sunday martial arts class for said bbq.

Edited by Cyclone

so to all you lot who were knocking the fight? what the verdict now? Mcgregor did not disgrace himself one bit and for a first pro boxing match to take on the multi world title holder and 49 time winner was a big ask. he did himself and Ireland proud and it was worth every penny to watch.

The winners are them both, because they both got paid and that is all they came to do!

so to all you lot who were knocking the fight? what the verdict now? Mcgregor did not disgrace himself one bit and for a first pro boxing match to take on the multi world title holder and 49 time winner was a big ask. he did himself and Ireland proud and it was worth every penny to watch.

On the strength of your comment I decided to watch a re-run of the fight.

Terrible is all I can say. McGregor was out of his depth and was being carried by a past it Mayweather.

It got to the tenth (amazingly the round Mayweather freely admitted he placed a 6 figure bet on finishing it) and the ref stepped in without any good reason.

It was a disgusting shambles and a disgrace to boxing and MMA.

McGregor got schooled by Mayweather, hopefully we never get another circus show like this again, boxing was damaged by this spectacle, McGregor can sliver back where he belongs.

really???? there are plenty of boxing expers and pro boxers who disagree with you, yes he was outclassed but did a damn sight better than a lot of pros would do, what is it you dont like?? they money for the fight or the interracial MMA bit? or the fighters or just the one???:suspect:

---------- Post added 28-08-2017 at 13:59 ----------

On the strength of your comment I decided to watch a re-run of the fight.

Terrible is all I can say. McGregor was out of his depth and was being carried by a past it Mayweather.

It got to the tenth (amazingly the round Mayweather freely admitted he placed a 6 figure bet on finishing it) and the ref stepped in without any good reason.

It was a disgusting shambles and a disgrace to boxing and MMA.

oh give over:loopy: connor won the first three rounds and yes after that was outclassed but still did way better than the boxing experts expected, not SF armchair boxers:hihi:

oh give over:loopy: connor won the first three rounds and yes after that was outclassed but still did way better than the boxing experts expected, not SF armchair boxers:hihi:

Nice use of emojis. They really help you get your point across.

Posts containing childish name calling have been removed. If any further are posted you may find your access to the forum removed.

Thank you.