Cheapest mulch in Sheffield?

I'm a lazy b****r and don't want to do any weeding in the garden this year, so am thinking of mulching my flowerbeds - I'm going to need quite a bit of mulch, and if I buy it from a garden centre it's gonna cost a bomb.. anyone know where the cheapest place to buy some from is?

er, yeah. Get in touch with a tree surgeon. The one I used to know was happy to supply the chippings from lopping trees down and shredding them as a mulch, coz it was trade waste otherwise :thumbsup:

Get in touch with the council Buy a composter bin from them for about £6These are supplied at a subsidised price and delivered to your door

Put all your waste vegetable peelings, egg shells, teabags, coffee grinds,shredded paper grass cuttings and annual weeds in the compost bin. You will get your own compost within 3-6 months saving you money and cutting down on the amount of waste that now goes in your waste bin

Cheers Strix, will phone around a few... bazjea... thanks for the reply, but I'm after mulch not compost and need it straight away, good advice though :)

I'm interested in the same thing - lots of mulching material. Did you get anywhere?

Bought mine in B and Q last week, 4 big bags for a tenner and its really good stuff...Smells goregous too

try horse ****e, feeds the plants and acts as a mulch too.

ours is mixed with woodcshavings so it actually "resembles" the mulch u buy bagged,with added nutrients.

free to a good home.

Horse manure needs to be 'weathered' or it could 'burn' plants.

I suppose I must add, if you have pets, consider carefully what material you use as a mulch, as some are poisonous to your pets - particularly that cocoa stuff, which smells good enough to eat :(

Hi there, I've got an allotment at Meersbrook and we get regular deliveries of chipped bark etc ....

Hi mc55 - where does the chipped bark come from?