Sheffield Arena noise Wincobank

Thanks for your feedback, sounds like Arena noise isn't going to be a problem. :)

Hi Sheffteach I live roughly half way up the hill, have done for about 20 years, I miss hearing the concerts from Don Valley Stadium but don't hear anything from the Arena. The fireworks from meadowhall lights switch on and don valley bowl on bonfire night are fantastic.

If you follow the daily crime updates from SYP NE Team you will also see that crime is very low in this area.

I think the only noise we get is when there are events at meadow hall like the xmas lights switch on.

You had to travel back then sometimes though - not every band came to Sheffield - I remember seeing big acts in Huddersfield and not thinking we were losing out to them.

Manchester was always a bigger draw musically with the MEN / apollo etc.

Leeds arena will have had an impact but it's not like no one comes to Sheffield anymore.

Saying the culture has been killed is an overreaction.

"Tram Lines" is gaining a reputation as a bit of a thing, and there is also a thriving low-key culture with venues such as the Yellow Arch studio's for instance.

it is slipping backwards look at what plays sheffield and what plays other cities we get mediorce line up only thing on the way up is theatre lyceum gets some cracking shows and crucible puts on some great shows .

The only real noise you may get, and all night at that, is the deep boom of the big hammer at Forgemasters. Personally, I find it beautiful.