Why aren't humans chipped at six weeks old?

Great idea! Job creation for doctors that do the deed and for bent doctors that undo it. :)

Exactly! If a chip is put in, it can be taken out again. And to further complicate matters, be swapped for somebody else's chip who takes yours...

Exactly! If a chip is put in, it can be taken out again. And to further complicate matters, be swapped for somebody else's chip who takes yours...

Nonsense.

To paraphrase New Labour and the Trumpet, this will be the greatest, most secure, most amazing, incredible and beautiful IT project since the last one*

*the NHS IT project that cost billions and was eventually scrapped

I thought RFID chips were dead easy to copy, delete and reprogram without any invasive procedures, maybe I heard wrong.

This doesn't even make sense, how would the identity of someone, something that is already relatively easy to establish tell you whether they're trustworthy or not.

So they're Joe Blogs, so what? And how do you "check their chip" over the internet or phone, the way that most loans are arranged?

Yeah it's nonsense.

It could only be usefully used to confirm identity, and that is already possible with a plethora of biometric data - eyes, fingerprints, facial features - without having to implant something into a person.

Nonsense.

To paraphrase New Labour and the Trumpet, this will be the greatest, most secure, most amazing, incredible and beautiful IT project since the last one*

*the NHS IT project that cost billions and was eventually scrapped

I had a job interview for a post on that project. It was the oddest job interview ever! Suffice it to say that the eventual inglorious demise of the NHS IT wunder project came as no surprise.

This doesn't even make sense, how would the identity of someone, something that is already relatively easy to establish tell you whether they're trustworthy or not.

So they're Joe Blogs, so what? And how do you "check their chip" over the internet or phone, the way that most loans are arranged?

He's having you on. :hihi:

If he's going to try to troll though, he should at least make sure that the trolling logic is internally consistent.

If he's going to try to troll though, he should at least make sure that the trolling logic is internally consistent.

but it wouldn't be trolling then

He's having you on. :hihi:

Shut thi gob :hihi: having him on , I mean with a chip in the neck there will be no more muggings to steal ones credit cards , driving licence , bus pass etc .

A simple "please lean over sir" (or madam) "while I scan your neck" will do .

I suppose that a real determined mugger could cut ones head off and present it at the till but surely the shop assistant would realise some thing was amiss and call the manager;)

Or the implant would be cloned. A physical device is easier to copy than a pin code in your head...

---------- Post added 20-08-2017 at 11:43 ----------

but it wouldn't be trolling then

It would, you start with a preposterous idea, but then come up with logical uses or reasons for it.

If you start with a preposterous idea but then come up with nonsense then you're an idiot as well as a troll.

For example;

Everyone should be fitted with a birth control device at a young age.

Reasons for doing this; No accidental pregnancies, state can determine if you're wealthy enough to have children, control population size and so on. But you don't claim "makes women better drivers", "reduces animal cruelty". As the internal logic isn't there.

The quality of trolls these days is shockingly poor. My lame-o-meter's going off the scale.

I have recently acquired another pal , A six week old mongrel called tabs.

And being six weeks old he has had to be injected against all things inc his very right to exist without identification .

And so my pal will for ever be able to be identified as to where he belongs and as to who he is.

This has got me thinking , why not chip all mankind at six weeks old , its easy , take the D.N.A, the birth date, the blood group , ethnicity etc and put it on a chip the size of a pinhead and inject it into ones neck just below the ear.

No more messing about when one needs to be identified be it for law breaking , terrorism, medical purposes or if suitable to breed with some one who would not be compatible.

It would a simple and straight forward way to plan ones journey through life , the pitfalls we may encounter on that journey and at the end a slight click of the chip gun can record our details so as to plan for future generations.

i have often said this is a good idea ! the only ones that would complain would be the silly liberal left who would say its an infringement of rights, as can be seen already on this thread! in this day and age and with whats happening with terror and future terror, chipping and ID cards are a good start to combat it. Anyone convicted should be chipped,

DNA should be taken at birth or admission to the country at the point of entry.