Barcelona- van ploughs into crowd

Nice to see the admin/o.p. getting in their to instruct us to comment on this dreadful event. Sadly the Far Right and rightwing islamophobez will be making capital over this. So it's always worth bearing in mind.

Right wing? islamophobes? Youre average middle of the road Joe public may start to feel they have good cause to fear Islam at this rate.

Something needs to be done to prevent these atrocities.

I don't think it has anything to do with attacking Spain in particular. The puritanical Islamists will attack anywhere that Westerners are enjoying themselves - restaurants, nightclubs, tourist sights, seaside resorts.

Thats exactly it, wanting to spread their miserable, medievel existance on the free world.

We cannot stop lone individuals with a knife or vehicle. We should be reaching out to the people likely to commit these crimes.

Some have a history of crime or mental illness, can we improve our systems?

Right wing? islamophobes? Youre average middle of the road Joe public may start to feel they have good cause to fear Islam at this rate.

Really?

Without wanting to downplay last night's events, it's hardly epidemic.

More people are killed by dangerous driving and similar offences - substantially more - each year, yet no one fears the car or drunk drivers. It's about 240 a year now in the UK, every year - https://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php

Despite that, how many people still think they're ok to have a few too many. No one fears them.

Again, no intention to take away anything from the horrific events of last night at all, but in the scheme of things, you're far more likely to be killed in other ways. These idiots want us to be scared and terrified. Put it in proportion, you won't be terrified, you'll live your life, they won't win.

PS If you want to be afraid of someone, it's terrorists, not muslims. Terrorists.

Really?

Without wanting to downplay last night's events, it's hardly epidemic.

More people are killed by dangerous driving and similar offences - substantially more - each year, yet no one fears the car or drunk drivers. It's about 240 a year now in the UK, every year - https://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php

Despite that, how many people still think they're ok to have a few too many. No one fears them.

Again, no intention to take away anything from the horrific events of last night at all, but in the scheme of things, you're far more likely to be killed in other ways. These idiots want us to be scared and terrified. Put it in proportion, you won't be terrified, you'll live your life, they won't win.

PS If you want to be afraid of someone, it's terrorists, not muslims. Terrorists.

This is an arse numbing logical fallacy.

could do us a favour Alan ?

Turn off your PC and hide under the bed

You'll be safe there

Let's look at it logically.

Criminal method of death A kills 240 people a year in the UK.

Criminal method of death B kills perhaps 20 people a year in the UK.

Yep, I can see why you'd be more scared of B.

Pure logic.

could do us a favour Alan ?

Turn off your PC and hide under the bed

You'll be safe there

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 18-08-2017 at 13:28 ----------

Let's look at it logically.

Criminal method of death A kills 240 people a year in the UK.

Criminal method of death B kills perhaps 20 people a year in the UK.

Yep, I can see why you'd be more scared of B.

Pure logic.

In defence of Alan, you should be more scared of B, someone could be out to kill you, it's different (I'm trying to look for the right word - different doesn't do it but it will have to do) even though it's statistically less likely.

And as an earlier poster pointed out, they generally attack where people are enjoying themselves so that should make Sheffield even safer. ;)

unfortunately i cant see it ending, EVER, i guess its just something that we will have to accept, you can not reason with these people, so they are not going to stop, we just have all to try and be as careful as possible :mad:

It will end only when Europe and America stops being manipulated by Zionist Jews; not normal everyday Jews, most of whom actually reject Zionism, but the racist, extremist Zionist Jews that have powerful lobbies and control our mass media and governments foreign policy, getting us to cause chaos in the middle east on behalf of Israel.

They dictate our immigration policy too; here's a prominent Zionist academic weaving her magic in Sweden.

Thats exactly it, wanting to spread their miserable, medievel existance on the free world.

Not just westerners,anyone who doesn't follow their weird view of Islam is fair game.

Many different sects of Islam hate each other more than they do westerners.

The more strong countries try to help the oppressed the more the nutters twist things.

The west is not perfect but it is at least trying to help whist being attacked by religious groups who consider free will an anathema.

In defence of Alan, you should be more scared of B, someone could be out to kill you, it's different (I'm trying to look for the right word - different doesn't do it but it will have to do) even though it's statistically less likely.

And as an earlier poster pointed out, they generally attack where people are enjoying themselves so that should make Sheffield even safer. ;)

I like your last point! :)

I refuse to be scared to be honest! Mainly because I'm miserable and never go out to enjoy myself!

Seriously though, I'm more scared of developing a serious illness, or being mown down by a drunk driver personally. I'm 'concerned' about terrorist nutjobs, but I refuse to be scared by them. I'm certainly aware of them, and aware of risks, but they won't stop me living my life, any more than fear of being attacked by a drunk will stop be being miserable on a night out.

Murdering cowards pure and simple. They can and do hurt us but they will never beat us.