Tricks to play on apprentices?

i worked at the Grosvenor house hotel many years ago and when we had a new commis chef we sent them down to the boiler room with a big empty cooking oil bucket with a lid to get some steam, the boilerman was in on it and always told them not to open the bucket, when the commis chef arrived back in the kitchen and presented the bucket of steam to the head chef then of course nothing was there and he was sent back to get some more......this continued for quite a time:))

We used to send the bosses son with a bucket and lid to a tyre fitting place next door for some compressed air. We told him it was the only way we could start our compressor in a morning. He did this for a month until his dad found out. He got us back by throwing some fire crackers into the factory, we got them both back by putting two broom handles down some trouser legs with boots on, wedged them in the racks and started screaming. When they came out we shook the brooms to make it look like someone had got crushed in the racks. Never seen two more panic stricken faces in all my life. I still laugh about it to this day!

When I was on work experience at Sheffield University Hicks Building I was asked to get a mercury magnet after someone supposedly broke a thermometer

well i didnt start it this was going on long before i got there i didnt like it but was glad when a new lad started because they would leave you alone and pick on him the out going apperentice always went with the new lad when it was his turn i never did anything just watched the new lad got his own back when another apperentice started it just went on like that there were a few ring leaders not me who always looked forward to a new lad none of them were gay they just used to have a good laugh about it and take the **** the guys in some other units sent there lads over for a laugh i must add nothing was done to the lads afther this they were treated with respect no point in carrying it on and winding them up although some were given the nick name dick knobby big boy donkey and sausage jockey the last one was sausage meaning big and jockey because they ride a horse and the lad was hung like a horse so sausage jockey it was they could call him that in public and no one was in on the joke expect the guys had a few sausage jockeys when i was there and had plenty bought to us over the years from the other units the lucky sods

When I first started in IT they tried sending me to PC World to buy some IP Addresses.

tartan paint, sparks for the grinder, left handed spanner/screwdriver, long stand, 6ft of fallopian tubing, bucket of steam, glass hammer, etc etc etc. Theyve all been done to death.

Like that one!:hihi:

If you got some spare cash for a good joke.. Buy a bag of plaster and do this prank :D

our new apprentice has fell for just about everything long stand shirting ladders left handed screwdriver.

The next one is to send him to the shop for some russian round square sweets lol

My ex, years ago, started work as a chef at Beuchief Hall and the guys there sent him to the butchers for a 1lb of turkey lips, he went :hihi:

I am an apprentice for land rover and I have been asked for all sorts the best one was reconditioned drill bits and second hand nails from the tool shop .... I came back with cobalt drill bits and a box of 100 new nails they weren't smiling as much as me.

a little similar,i told a bunch of building trades apprentices they were due for their vaccinations,they asked what vaccinations,i said they should have read the small print,they were going to be working on sites with old rusty nails broken glass etc etc,i knew the young lady who had just arrived,parked her car and gone into the managers office,she was the wages clerk,i had a word with the boss and her and both agreed it would be a laugh to start the weekend, well i got them all lined up,there left sleeve rolled up ready,as usual there was the mouthy one,big,stupid and all macho,well as each lad walked into the office he was told to scream as loud as he could,draw his wages and leave by the other door,this was great as the screams got louder,the big mouth worked his way to the back,at last it was his turn,i walked him into the office, he babbledsomething about not wanting it in his arm, turned round and dropped his trousers,without flinching sue,the lady with the wages " posted" his envelope straight in his crack, he shot of calling everyone f xxxin wanxers,but he was very quiet the following monday at work,another was when a mate of mine took his apprentice drinking after he passed his exams,the work team all turned up and they did west street and a club or two, the lad passed out so the elder lads took him home and put him to bed,but not before they put a condom up his bum with the help of a pencil, this along with a few love bites on his neck,monday morning was all banter about the night out,they asked him how he got home as they left him with the two other blokes he had been talking to in the club,he never mentioned anything,but my mate says he kept asking what other two blokes ?

I'm calling shenanigans on this post tbh. :roll:

I've heard both these stories from different sources with slight variations.