Tricks to play on apprentices?

I was at the Sheffield University, Hicks Building for work experience and I was told that a thermometer had broken and to get a mercury magnet from stores.

Another one as an aircraft engineer was to get the the long stand from stores. I asked the storeman and he said "wait there" and it clicked.

Years ago when my mate started at Hillfoot Steel, he was asked to fetch a bucket of steam. My mate replied "where's the bucket?"

A place where I worked we were always playing pranks. There was one fella, not an apprentice, who used to bring a duffle bag to work (remember them?)...and we used to put random objects into his bag before he left for home each evening, just to make it heavier and heavier by the day. Just to see what he said the next day. One day someone (:blush:) found an old 'ladies' leather bicycle saddle along with an appropriate sized spanner, and sneaked it into his bag. off he went, none the wiser. However the next day he came into work fuming...spitting blood...Apparently he'd had one hell of a game explaining to his Mrs, who had taken his lunch box out of his bag to wash, how such an item could have got there. She simply wouldn't believe someone else had done it.....He spent weeks trying to find out who was the culprit...He never did!

A friend of mine worked for the council during his gap year and worked with a road laying gang. He was instructed to make sure the tarmac was laid the right way up. When he questioned the workmen, you can imagine where he was told to go.

Yes, if you like to hear about bullying disguised as innocent pranks that used to go unpunished

Well not anymore, workplace law has changed. My advice is to STOP all bullying of new entrants to your workplace or find yourself on the end of a very serious lawsuit! Then we'll see who's laughing!

Woooo, wooooo woooo, troll alert, troll alert, take evasive action!!!!

A friend of mine worked for the council during his gap year and worked with a road laying gang. He was instructed to make sure the tarmac was laid the right way up. When he questioned the workmen, you can imagine where he was told to go.

Lost count how many times I've been asked "why doesn't the white and yellow lines come ready mixed with the asphalt " when burning then on afterwards :loopy:

A trick that seems to have worked is to con people in believing that apprentices are far from the medieval guilds, that people assume them to be, when many are in fact 12 week courses from private training companies.

The last government bastardised the word apprentice; but this government when they effectively repackaged the last government's train to gain scheme, cut the funding and rebranded them as 'apprenticeships', created a 257% increase in 'apprentices'. A linguistic trick certainly!

Edited by Mister M

Yip I remember the good old days of tomfoolery. As I recall it ended abruptly when i knocked the prankster out cold. Fun times eh. Not at school no more. Grow up or get hurt.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 02:55 ----------

its not big, its not smart , Its beyond childish. Grow up.

When their back is turned say "quick look at this" then when they turn around poke them in the eye.