Cardiff-blades 15/8/17

My assessment after 3 games:

We've got enough to stay up but with the current squad we won't be troubling the top half of the table.

Might sound drastic but we need a pacey centre half, an athletic centre midfielder and a championship quality striker. Billy can't play the lone striker role but we may as well play with 10 men as to start Clarke.

My assessment after 3 games:

We've got enough to stay up but with the current squad we won't be troubling the top half of the table.

Might sound drastic but we need a pacey centre half, an athletic centre midfielder and a championship quality striker. Billy can't play the lone striker role but we may as well play with 10 men as to start Clarke.

Obviously viewing from a distance but I did say in my pre-season forecast that your strikeforce wasn't good enough for the Championship, only Sharp and Evans have performed moderately at that level and in Evans case it was a long time ago.

It seems pretty sure that we will be dipping into the loan market,maybe Wilder is waiting until the PL teams have more or less completed their business,I hope he is,because I feel we do need to bring experienced PL players on loan,not kids like we have done before,it should be less of a problem to get them to come now that we are at this level.

For some reason,Wilder never seems to speak about looking for a striker,which surprises me as surely he must realise that we need quality there,he's still on about a centre half and midfieldl

Having watched the Boro game and the highlights from last night I'm wondering it United fans are prepared to acknowledge there's a big gap between league 1 and Championship.

Last night looked to me as if Cardiff did to you what you were doing to the opposition last season and I noticed Rotherham won 5-0 at the weekend which given their results last season would seem to indicate a big drop down in quality.

Having watched the Boro game and the highlights from last night I'm wondering it United fans are prepared to acknowledge there's a big gap between league 1 and Championship.

Not all Blades fans said there was little to no gap, I know the difference in quality between L1 and the Championship. Of course there is a gap, the Championship is now PL v2, with the money going around it's crazy and we can't compete with that. Boro spent 43m in the summer yet only just beat us, you need to find the right balance between spending money and finding good players from the lower leagues. At the moment we've done one of those...

As I said in another forum...

If we had the quality to keep the ball and then do something with it, we could be half decent. So until these things can be implemented I can see similar results to come. I'm sure Wilder and Knill know what's required, the big question is whether HRH and McCabe want to stay in this league. They cannot wait until January and then spend.

Last night looked to me as if Cardiff did to you what you were doing to the opposition last season and I noticed Rotherham won 5-0 at the weekend which given their results last season would seem to indicate a big drop down in quality.

Blackburn have already lost to an ex L2 team at home,Fleetwood beat Rotherham,we beat Brentford.We should be way ahead of what Bolton and Millwall do,or we know that we have gone backwards,the game we want to play is not working,or the recruitment has been wrong.

If I recall correctly after four games last season we were rock bottom and had been beaten at home 3-0 by Southend.

Bolton were top and 12 points in front of us.

Wider then brought in several players the main one being Simon Moore ( currently injured ) we then started to get it together and wound up Champions 14 points ahead of Bolton.

That isn't going to happen this season of course, but a recovery to the point of not struggling too much is definitely on the cards.

Wilder is ruthless which is part of the job requirement, he's given players a chance and will replace them as and when necessary.

He said as much in the after match interview.

Things could be worse, we could be Aston Villa fans!

Last season they spent £72 Million and didn't finish in the top six and they are currently in the bottom three!

Being bottom of league 1is alot different to struggling in the championship, most knew that was a false position back then with the squad you had where as no one knows if the team can handle this league.

I think you will be ok but I haven't paid much attention to how you've played so far. There should be enough in the kitty to get abit extra quality in if your league position isn't looking too clever and of course the rest of this window.

Thing is now how many players have we got in our team who you can honestly class as a good championship player ? None

we need to get some players who play in the championship and have a bit of pace think this is the fault with Chris's wilder he's getting players from lower league who just won't hack it ,pay peanuts get monkeys fact

Well the Cardiff fans aren't worried about our prospects. Then again that's easy for them, I'm not too overly concerned about their prospects!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK68vaiNzVAhXjBsAKHZwTAZEQFgg2MAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Froysviewfrom.wordpress.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNF67ThOwFsI3mkp7DFz_VPTDbxrVg

It's way too early in the season for people to start panicking.

If Wednesday win tonight there will be people on here claiming that they're going up as champions.

If Wednesday lose tonight there will be people on claiming that they're going down.

Whilst anything is possible neither of those events is probable, everyone needs to calm down.

Start worrying at Christmas if either of them are in the bottom five or six.

Well the Cardiff fans aren't worried about our prospects. Then again that's easy for them, I'm not too overly concerned about their prospects!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK68vaiNzVAhXjBsAKHZwTAZEQFgg2MAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Froysviewfrom.wordpress.com%2F&usg=AFQjCNF67ThOwFsI3mkp7DFz_VPTDbxrVg

It's way too early in the season for people to start panicking.

If Wednesday win tonight there will be people on here claiming that they're going up as champions.

If Wednesday lose tonight there will be people on claiming that they're going down.

Whilst anything is possible neither of those events is probable, everyone needs to calm down.

Start worrying at Christmas if either of them are in the bottom five or six.

Well said, nothing has ever been decided in August, looooong way to go yet.