Cardiff-blades 15/8/17

I think this will be tougher than the Boro game,Warnock looks like he's got them buzzing and in the shape he wants,they could well be a good bet for play offs if he manages to get consistancy which he didn't have before.

If we don't get a good foot hold in the game from the start,it could be one way traffic but with them creating a lot more than Boro did.

Easy decision to make for Wilder,Carruthers benched for Duffy,but the midfield and the forwards are going to have to show a lot more than Saturday if we are to come out with anything,just to create more for a start,without going into pressing them and shutting them down,which they are going to have to do better.

We already saw last season how much trouble Mendez-Laing caused us at Rochdale,and he is just a player stepping up,to say nothing of their established Championship players.

Cardiff are flying but incredibly if they win tonight it will be the first time in their history that they have won their first 3 league games of the season.

I think i'd start with Duffy as well .Also rest Sharp and start with Evans.

Tough game , 2 nil to Cardiff

Cardiff is a fairly tough away day, NW will play his trademark crude, roughhouse tactics which can batter you into submission if your not careful. A draw would be a good result there.

Take a draw right now, Warnock has a great set of lads down there (just like every other team he's managed) :hihi:

Cardiff is a fairly tough away day, NW will play his trademark crude, roughhouse tactics which can batter you into submission if your not careful. A draw would be a good result there.

yup, and thats just the Welsh fans :hihi:

---------- Post added 15-08-2017 at 20:36 ----------

Half time and 1 up to the team who will be near the top like Boro at the end of the season

2-0 - not sure how it went I'm sure someone will be along to tell us.

Sounded like we didn't put up a fight really. It was always going to be a tough game after they won their first two games but I expected us to at least give them a game. Some who went said it could have been 3 or 4 nil. Sounded like Billy was missing again, he'll get us goals but he won't produce like he did last season. I'm also concerned with the Stearman injury, hope it's not too bad.

We have no final product, we get in and around the box then the ball goes backwards.

RS kept going on about a penalty we should have had in the first half. I've not seen it but we really can't keep using excuses like that after a defeat. The bigger issue is that many of our heroes from last season aren't cut for the Championship.

The North Barnsley game on Saturday is a big one, after their win against Forest, they'll be up for it, we need a result. Can't be getting bogged down in a relegation scrap already.

Edited by byeo

Wilder is right to give these players who got us up a chance to show they can do the business in a higher division,but he knows that he is going to have to change things personel wise and tactically if we don't show more in away games.I think it was always naive to think we could just carry on playing the same style as we did last season and get results here,our opposition are not going to let that happen,so Wilder has definitely got his work cut out to come up with answers,but we knew that he was on a steep learning curve.

We need to keep picking up results at home until if and when we grow into this division,or bring in the players of stature and prescence in the key areas that we need,but these don't come cheap.

No need to panic yet,but if we go on a run of home games where we don't win,or show that we are learning,then alarm bells will start ringing that we are set for a relegation battle,

To be fair you've just had two of the toughest away games in this league, if you can get something out of your upcoming home games all is not lost, need to break the losing habit asap though.

I know only 3 games in and plenty of time ,but you can already start to see it's going to be a long hard season, the squad of players we have are know where near good enough think Chris wilder has problems need to spend and bring quality players in because if we don't we all know what's going to happen

Been to all 3 games so far and the style of football has been the same. Sit back with 5 at the back and hope to knock it up to the lads up top and score on the counter.

Cardiff are a much better side, 2-0 is a fair result.

United need to win the majority of their home games in my opionion.

If I recall correctly after four games last season we were rock bottom and had been beaten at home 3-0 by Southend.

Bolton were top and 12 points in front of us.

Wider then brought in several players the main one being Simon Moore ( currently injured ) we then started to get it together and wound up Champions 14 points ahead of Bolton.

That isn't going to happen this season of course, but a recovery to the point of not struggling too much is definitely on the cards.

Wilder is ruthless which is part of the job requirement, he's given players a chance and will replace them as and when necessary.

He said as much in the after match interview.

Things could be worse, we could be Aston Villa fans!

Last season they spent £72 Million and didn't finish in the top six and they are currently in the bottom three!