Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

On 19/04/2019 at 10:43, makapaka said:

Do you have an answer?

Do you?  I'm not obliged to answer your silly questions about ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Do you?  I'm not obliged to answer your silly questions about ridiculous hypothetical scenarios.

Well like you I don’t sit up worrying about it but can you foresee a scenario where someone makes that an issue?

No, seems far fetched and very unlikely to be honest.

So, no, it didn't.  There is no question over which parent is the mother, there was no awkwardness as you described.

On 19/04/2019 at 09:35, makapaka said:

When a baby is born and the woman who has given birth asks the doctor what she has had what should the doctor say?

And this, this is specifically the opposite of what is in the article you linked.

When the Sharpes arrived at the hospital for the delivery, they asked the staff not to announce the twins’ sex. Even after the newborns were put in their arms, their anatomy remained a mystery for several hours.

So, it didn't happen did it.  Something else happened, and it wasn't particularly difficult or confusing for anyone to deal with.

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

So, no, it didn't.  There is no question over which parent is the mother, there was no awkwardness as you described.

And this, this is specifically the opposite of what is in the article you linked.

So, it didn't happen did it.  Something else happened, and it was particularly difficult or confusing for anyone to deal with.

I’m not so sure - does the question need to be asked now - every time someone gives birth?

by the way - your aggressive and defensive tone suggests I have some massive issue with it - i don’t i was just asking what people’s opinions were in where this is heading towards.

It's a typical thing that people who are opposed to gender freedom or whatever we call this that they dream up these nonsense scenarios where it's somehow a problem.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It's a typical thing that people who are opposed to gender freedom or whatever we call this that they dream up these nonsense scenarios where it's somehow a problem.

I think it could be a problem but I’m hoping to be reassured.

do you not see any potential issues with parents predetermining gender on their children’s behalf?

That might be an entirely different problem, one that already exists, but it's nothing to do with gender fluidity.

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 09:02, Cyclone said:

So, it didn't happen did it.  Something else happened, and it wasn't particularly difficult or confusing for anyone to deal with.

Its the use of language that is increasingly being made artificially problematic; there is a perception that institutions can't call a woman  a "mother" any more, or even a woman a woman.

Edited by Yeah but

15 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Its the use of language that is increasingly being made artificially problematic; there is a perception that institutions can't call a woman  a "mother" any more, or even a woman a woman.

Really? Can't say I ever noticed.

19 hours ago, Yeah but said:

No there isn't.  This is the kind of spurious argument that people raise when they can't actually find any good reason to object but want to object anyway.