Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

On 01/04/2019 at 12:11, Cyclone said:

So you accept that it was performance that you questioned then?  And that the evidence disagrees with your opinion which appears to be entirely speculative.

Show me the evidence that states height, hand size and shoulder breadth have no bearing in sports, such as tennis. I'm yet to see any. No amount of hormones will change these fundamentally male physical characteristics.

You were interested in performance, now you don't want to accept the evidence about performance that contradicts your opinion.  There's a phrase for that.  Confirmation bias.

22 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Show me the evidence that states height, hand size and shoulder breadth have no bearing in sports, such as tennis. I'm yet to see any. No amount of hormones will change these fundamentally male physical characteristics.

OK, so if height, hand size and shoulder breadth have a bearing in sports, how would your notional set of measures deal with someone like me?

Admittedly, I'm now a serious crip and am no danger to anybody, but back in the day when I was healthy, I was pretty formidable.  I'm 6'3, I've got a seriously wide shoulders and orangutan length arms, I can't wear women's gloves and wear mens L/XL.  When I was doing lots of sport I leg pressed with anything up to 250kg, I swam almost 100 miles a week and could push a scrum of blokes over 99 times out of 100. 

I'm female, all natural, and normal height and build for my family.  I'm taller than probably the majority of male athletes of all types (with the exception of basketball players and goalkeepers).

Would you have problems with someone like me competing as a woman?

A woman competing as a woman . I cannot see anyone having an issue with that

1 hour ago, medusa said:

OK, so if height, hand size and shoulder breadth have a bearing in sports, how would your notional set of measures deal with someone like me?

Admittedly, I'm now a serious crip and am no danger to anybody, but back in the day when I was healthy, I was pretty formidable.  I'm 6'3, I've got a seriously wide shoulders and orangutan length arms, I can't wear women's gloves and wear mens L/XL.  When I was doing lots of sport I leg pressed with anything up to 250kg, I swam almost 100 miles a week and could push a scrum of blokes over 99 times out of 100. 

I'm female, all natural, and normal height and build for my family.  I'm taller than probably the majority of male athletes of all types (with the exception of basketball players and goalkeepers).

Would you have problems with someone like me competing as a woman?

Of course not. You didn't gain your sporting advantages through previously being male.

10 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Of course not. You didn't gain your sporting advantages through previously being male.

And evidence suggests that neither will or can anyone else.

10 hours ago, hackey lad said:

A woman competing as a woman . I cannot see anyone having an issue with that

Funny that you should say that.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/feb/18/caster-semenya-testosterone-levels-female-sport-court

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Funny that you should say that.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/feb/18/caster-semenya-testosterone-levels-female-sport-court

I'm curious; how is Casta defined as a female? What is the actual definition in sport? Is she genotypically female buy phenotypically  male? 

I don't understand how someone can be classed as a female for sporting purposes with testes and high levels of testosterone even if they are phenotypically female.  

8 hours ago, Cyclone said:

No evidence suggests that hormone replacement will undo height, shoulder and hand advantages gained from being male. Unless you can show evidence to the contrary?

We don't need any evidence to contradict that, it's a strawman raised by yourself.

You were interested in performance, the evidence shows no advantage in performance.  Your obsession with height, shoulder and hand size is just that, an obsession, it isn't evidence and you have no evidence that a performance advantage is conferred, quite the opposite in fact, evidence that it isn't, which you are persistently ignoring in favour of your own speculation.

15 hours ago, Chez2 said:

I'm curious; how is Casta defined as a female? What is the actual definition in sport? Is she genotypically female buy phenotypically  male? 

I don't understand how someone can be classed as a female for sporting purposes with testes and high levels of testosterone even if they are phenotypically female.  

I'd suggest that you're more likely to be able to find that out by googling it than by asking me.

Guest makapaka

When a baby is born and the woman who has given birth asks the doctor what she has had what should the doctor say?

Are they allowed to assume the gender or do they need to be quite specific as to the sex?

“the child’s sex is male”

”hand it over to the parent” (just so they don’t assume the womans gender role)

Edited by makapaka

Can you dream up anymore ridiculous non problems that don't exist?

Guest makapaka
42 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Can you dream up anymore ridiculous non problems that don't exist?

Do you have an answer?