Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Don't you think they're forcing a name on him which I,m pretty sure he won't want when he gets older and making him wear pink socks.

Did you ask your kids what they wanted to be called?

Or did you 'force' a name on them?

How is what you did any better than what they've done?

---------- Post added 10-10-2017 at 17:10 ----------

Being a woman is a combination of sex (biology), gender and life experience.

A man cannot know what it is to be a woman, because he has not lived all three of these things.

A transgender man, living as a woman, has adopted the traits and outward appearance of being a woman. But is lacking the life experiences that shape a real woman's life. The same for a transgender woman living as a man.

Transgender is a parody. True feminists understand this.

Really? What's a 'true feminist' when he or she is at home?

A true feminist is gender critical.

Sheila Jeffreys, Germaine Greer, and Julie Bindel are all good examples of radical feminists.

Yes I did but your argument is we shouldn't force things on our children but my son still has his name at 40 I'd like to bet he doesn't and I never forced him to go to school in pink socks,they are.

normally people do what is the social norm in a normal society, these people force their own views and beliefs on youngsters in many ways, kids grow up best by being normal not made a sideline freak show by the silly naming and dressing initially.

no i didnt ask my kids what they wanted to be called but up until now they havent changed in 25 and 21 yrs.

i think you think you are a male feminist

As far as I can make out, the lad wasn't forced to wear pink vest and socks was he? I think he wore them but I'm not sure about being forced to wear them against his will.

My five year old nephew is a very rough and tumble but his sister told me last weekend that his favourite colour is pink. Not sure if this is right or not, I've never seen him with anything pink but there is no reason for a male not to wear pink. I wonder what age kids are when they start to pick up these unwritten rules about what mean and women can and can't do? I have seen documentaries about this but its quite some time ago.

I remember hubby being horrified when I bought him a pink shirt back in 1985. He took some persuading to wear it. *inserts laughing emoji*

i think you think you are a male feminist

Said like you think this is a bad thing :huh:

Posts removed. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.

I think it's quite confused about what message they're trying to instil in their child. They say they don't ever till him that he's a boy so that presumably he doesn't feel the need to conform to the male stereotypes, and he can 'be whatever he wants'.

I don't think those things have do, or indeed should, go hand in hand, as it just acts to further the stereotypes that they want to avoid.

It is as if they are saying 'Boys like blue and cars and robots, and because we are happy for you to like whatever you want, whether that's cars or ponies (an admirable message), then we aren't going to make any reference to you being a boy'.

Surely that just confirms that stereotype. What they should be doing is saying - 'You're a boy, but it's absolutely fine to be a boy and like pink and ponies'. Isn't that a better message?

Go back further (late 60's and early 70's) and take a look at these http://www.karmakula.co.uk/index.php?act=viewCat3&catId=7.

You don't need to go back that far. My parents were quite trendy in the 70s, they were only young themselves (under 30) so I'm aware of fashion from around 1969 onwards. These shirts look more like the Hawaiian shirt craze from the 80s not 70s. It was safari suits and shirts (or flares with plain ish shirts) in the 70s.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 13:59 ----------

I think it's quite confused about what message they're trying to instil in their child. They say they don't ever till him that he's a boy so that presumably he doesn't feel the need to conform to the male stereotypes, and he can 'be whatever he wants'.

I don't think those things have do, or indeed should, go hand in hand, as it just acts to further the stereotypes that they want to avoid.

It is as if they are saying 'Boys like blue and cars and robots, and because we are happy for you to like whatever you want, whether that's cars or ponies (an admirable message), then we aren't going to make any reference to you being a boy'.

Surely that just confirms that stereotype. What they should be doing is saying - 'You're a boy, but it's absolutely fine to be a boy and like pink and ponies'. Isn't that a better message?

I couldn't agree more Robin, thats what I was trying to say.

Guest makapaka

Totally agree - well put.

Said like you think this is a bad thing :huh:

not bad as such just strange !i just wonder why someone and a male has so much anger and effort to give in pursuit of feminism, let them get on with it?? they want equality etc:hihi: