Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Or if adults don't identify things as weird then children wouldn't either..

A bit like blaming rape victims isn't it? Basically saying if a trans kid gets bullied it's their fault for being weird...perhaps we should teach kids not to bully instead huh? And accept that people are all different and that should be embraced.

Non binary gender identity is as valid an identity as male and female. More and more people are exploring their gender identity and you will just have to get used to it.

Non binary gender identity is a mental construct brought into being by human psychological want in a society that has historically been aggresive towards change and difference.

I do believe in some circumstances a brain can identify as more female or male in what would appear to be the wrong body for the individual as shown through a variety of tests of differences in brain organization when it comes to neural distribution. This however would be an exception and not a rule.

Do these people have a right to their opinions, why of course they do. They do not however have a right to aggressively push that ideology upon others who do not agree.

Non binary gender identity is a mental construct brought into being by human psychological want in a society that has historically been aggresive towards change and difference.

I do believe in some circumstances a brain can identify as more female or male in what would appear to be the wrong body for the individual as shown through a variety of tests of differences in brain organization when it comes to neural distribution. This however would be an exception and not a rule.

Do these people have a right to their opinions, why of course they do. They do not however have a right to aggressively push that ideology upon others who do not agree.

Do you not see the irony in your statement? You are trying to say that people should be FORCED to conform to your set of rules of what male and female means whilst saying others shouldn't try to push their ideology on others!

So what you're saying is that you're more important and you should be able to force your intolerance on everyone else?

Like I said they're free to crack on, but why should the rest of society be forced to accept their behaviour?

Is it now acceptable that a man can wonder into the womans toilets because he's decided he's going to be a woman today?

Would it be acceptable for male security men to pat down females if they told them they were actually a woman today?

Do you not see the irony in your statement? You are trying to say that people should be FORCED to conform to your set of rules of what male and female means whilst saying others shouldn't try to push their ideology on others!

They do not and are not required to conform to my thought or opinion on the matter and I have not and will never form an aggressive stance on the subject.

What a person identifies as is as you say their right, their choice. I do not share this view and that is mine.

It's a binary argument for or against, which is the polar opposite of what is being debated where no lines should exist. I do have a problem with the "did you just assume my gender" argument because to the rest of the world somehow has to tackle how to identify them. Should such a person commit a crime we are not going to say well it's a gender shapeshifter, it will be based on immediate descriptions of the individual.

They do not and are not required to conform to my thought or opinion on the matter and I have not and will never form an aggressive stance on the subject.

What a person identifies as is as you say their right, their choice. I do not share this view and that is mine.

It's a binary argument for or against, which is the polar opposite of what is being debated where no lines should exist. I do have a problem with the "did you just assume my gender" argument because to the rest of the world somehow has to tackle how to identify them. Should such a person commit a crime we are not going to say well it's a gender shapeshifter, it will be based on immediate descriptions of the individual.

I agree with most of your post, particularly around possible exploitation of changing ones gender, so rather than look to 'ban' it (I know you weren't suggesting that) why not try to find a simple set of rules around how people who feel this way can be accommodated without causing mountains of red tape or problems as geared said for security guards etc.

For starters why do we need men's and ladies toilets? Why not just create a unisex toilet for all and get rid of open urinals? Also, what currently stops a man going into a ladies loo? Most aren't guarded and apart from perhaps someone challenging them it's simply social norms that are followed. If someone wanted to go into a ladies loo to perv then they will regardless of what gender they are using today. I think people find outlying cases to try to prove why a change is a problem. Exactly the same type of logic used to try to stop gay rights by claiming gay men were paedophiles...

My two pennies’ worth:

Gender isn’t physical, and therefore cannot be measured. It is completely different to sex. It doesn’t exist other than in our minds. It’s a social construct which dictates how we should act, what we should wear, etc. based on whether we are a man or a woman. For example: men should be masculine and enjoy football, and, women should be feminine and enjoy shopping. To me, someone who is gender-fluid, is simply rejecting the social norms forced upon us based on our genitalia. For example: a man wearing makeup.

Again, as gender isn’t a physical being, it is entirely down to interpretation. One person’s ideas of gender will be much different to another person’s.

Most people say that the genders are: man, woman, and neither. I don’t agree. In my opinion, if a male feels like a woman, or a female feels like a man, they are a transsexual.

To me, the genders are: masculine, feminine, and fluid.

Long story short, in my own opinion…

Transgender: Someone who rejects the idea of having to be masculine if they are a man, or feminine if they are a woman.

Transsexual: A male who identifies as a woman, or a female who identifies as a man.

For starters why do we need men's and ladies toilets? ...

People with a danggly bit attached to their front bottom should use a urinal where possible?

For starters why do we need men's and ladies toilets? Why not just create a unisex toilet for all and get rid of open urinals?

I think alot of men would object, especially in busy area's because a Urinal is quick and easy to use and they might not want to wait in a long queue to get a cubicle.

Conversely i can see many woman not wanting to share their toilets with "Dirty men". I can tell you, some of the horror's I've seen in public toilets would make your eyes fall out!!

( I have used unisex toilets before, they weren't an issue, did confuse most people - but it was in a bar/club, people were drinking and I wasn't looking at the general cleanliness of them)

Edited by geared

Case in point, we were at a car boot the other day, the male toilets were out of order and the line was far longer than the disabled toilet could cope with, and would need to be made free for those it is designated for.

People very maturely used the "womens" toilet as a unisex toilet and there was the odd look of discomfort but most people seemed fine.

Any exploit should be addressed, there will always be fringe elements, I have not yet seen anyone gender fluid who has not appeared to be forcing the view and would welcome a discussion with someone who is gender fluid to explain it further, the moment it becomes a forced issue I will disengage and assume my experience thus far.

People with a danggly bit attached to their front bottom should use a urinal where possible?

And those who don't have dangly bits attached to their front bottom can use the shewee!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Personal-Care-Shewee-Camping-Hiking/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A3076602031%2Cp_4%3AShewee

Amazing what you can learn on Come Dine With Me :hihi:

Do you have a urinal in your house?