Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

8 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Define sexual violence.

To be clear, they (trans people) should not be locked up for being trans. Yaniv should be locked up for being a violent predator.

Where's your evidence of violent predatory behaviour?

28 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Where's your evidence of violent predatory behaviour?

You didnt answer my question

1 minute ago, BobOfRoth said:

You didnt answer my question

You're the one asserting that this person is a sexual predator - where's your evidence?

36 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You're the one asserting that this person is a sexual predator - where's your evidence?

Not going to answer me then?

Suit yourself.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

I know you weren't asking me but here you go:

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/exclusive-15-year-old-alleged-victim-of-jessica-yaniv-speaks-out/

Your defence of this individual is making you look a bit ridiculous.  

Can we stop with the bickering and personal comments? 

Back on topic please.

Years ago a tv sketch called Whacko! in which a parent goes to the headmaster and asks if the boys and girls have separate curricula. The headmaster replies "yes, we've just new ones built."

One of my grandchildren works for the Civil Service.  They were telling me of an email received from their Equality & Diversity section the other day who are 'working on the problem' of the correct way to address non-binary individuals, especially in correspondence?   Current thinking is people should have their names prefixed with 'Mx' as in Mx Smith. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

One of my grandchildren works for the Civil Service.  They were telling me of an email received from their Equality & Diversity section the other day who are 'working on the problem' of the correct way to address non-binary individuals, especially in correspondence?   Current thinking is people should have their names prefixed with 'Mx' as in Mx Smith. 

Just use their name with no prefix, problem solved. I often do this if you don't know the marital status of a female,  people can be offended if you use Ms, Miss or Mrs incorrectly when marital status is unknown. I can see this doesn't quite fit what you are saying but I just don't bother with the prefix. 

This is getting sillier now, Easy Jet have said the aircrew are not to greet people with the phrase ladies and gentlemen. They say they have provided guidance to cabin crew and pilots and say it is not a strict ban on the greeting, however a source claims anyone who ignores it is very brave. Where is this silliness going to end?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/easyjet-bans-staff-from-greeting-fliers-with-ladies-and-gentleman/ar-BBYi4T8?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by iansheff

On 20/12/2019 at 16:27, Chez2 said:

Just use their name with no prefix, problem solved. I often do this if you don't know the marital status of a female,  people can be offended if you use Ms, Miss or Mrs incorrectly when marital status is unknown. I can see this doesn't quite fit what you are saying but I just don't bother with the prefix. 

I suppose if you work in the Civil Service, you have to be a bit more formal. 

Apparently, civil servants are now sending emails & letting the recipients know how they are happy to be defined within the context of a reply or extended email chain. 

For example if it were me I'd put I'd happy to be referred to as 'Mr', 'He', 'Him'. 

Sure I read about the singer, Sam Smith who wants to be designated as 'They'?

Edited by Baron99