Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Yesterday I was reading that a woman says she was shamed by people in a FaceBook group for calling Father Christmas, Father Christmas and was told  'Santa' is now seen as gender neutral.

Apparently a survey was taken recently to see if the name should be modernised.

According to more than 15 per cent of Brits surveyed, an updated name should be used.

Those questioned on how to make Father Christmas more modern were asked whether he should be male, female or gender neutral.

Nearly one in six wanted a change to what the present-giver is called.

It doesn't say what the name should be changed to though, how about The Present Giver is that gender neutral enough? 🙄

Father Christmas is Father Christmas, if that offends any one, unlucky. Christmas is Christmas, if that offends any one, unlucky. We do really have to make a stand against those that are offended by the minutest detail they do not agree with. Super Snowflakes the lot of them. By the way Christmas Holiday is Christmas Hoilday, not chuffing winterval or whatever they call it.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Father Christmas is Father Christmas, if that offends any one, unlucky. Christmas is Christmas, if that offends any one, unlucky. We do really have to make a stand against those that are offended by the minutest detail they do not agree with. Super Snowflakes the lot of them. By the way Christmas Holiday is Christmas Hoilday, not chuffing winterval or whatever they call it.

Angel1.

I agree Christmas is Christmas and Father Christmas is male. Some people just need to deal with it and stop trying to politicize anything and everything just for their own selfish virtue signalling

20 hours ago, iansheff said:

Yesterday I was reading that a woman says she was shamed by people in a FaceBook group for calling Father Christmas, Father Christmas and was told  'Santa' is now seen as gender neutral.

Apparently a survey was taken recently to see if the name should be modernised.

According to more than 15 per cent of Brits surveyed, an updated name should be used.

Those questioned on how to make Father Christmas more modern were asked whether he should be male, female or gender neutral.

Nearly one in six wanted a change to what the present-giver is called.

It doesn't say what the name should be changed to though, how about The Present Giver is that gender neutral enough? 🙄

Pop back and add this link to the people who were shaming her. St Nicholas was male. https://www.whychristmas.com/customs/fatherchristmas.shtml

50 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Pop back and add this link to the people who were shaming her. St Nicholas was male. https://www.whychristmas.com/customs/fatherchristmas.shtml

Yes I can't understand how they can say use Santa Clause when the name is derived from Saint Nicholas who was a man. I just wonder what will happen with Mother Nature and Old Father Time.

As a fan of Ricky Gervais I had wondered whether I was naturally biased to agree with him on this issue (and the previous argument he was involved in regarding this individual). But I do love this article...  https://spectator.us/leave-jessica-yaniv-alone/

Interested in what others think.

7 hours ago, DnAuK said:

As a fan of Ricky Gervais I had wondered whether I was naturally biased to agree with him on this issue (and the previous argument he was involved in regarding this individual). But I do love this article...  https://spectator.us/leave-jessica-yaniv-alone/

Interested in what others think.

Eugh!

Yaniv is just disgusting. Nothing more than a lying predator who should be locked up.

5 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

Eugh!

Yaniv is just disgusting. Nothing more than a lying predator who should be locked up.

Are you claiming she's responsible for sexual violence? Against whom? 

Locked up? For what crimes?

Guest makapaka
24 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Of course they shouldn’t be locked up.

but someone without female reproductive organs shouldn’t be treated by a gynaecologist either should they - that’s just daft.

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

Define sexual violence.

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

but someone without female reproductive organs shouldn’t be treated by a gynaecologist either should they - that’s just daft.

To be clear, they (trans people) should not be locked up for being trans. Yaniv should be locked up for being a violent predator.

10 hours ago, makapaka said:

It seems this person has history:

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/the-truth-about-jessica-yaniv-is-beginning-to-emerge/

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

A quick google search shows Yaniv seems to have an unhealthy interest in menstruation among 10-12 year old girls and is quite obsessed about personally  showing  them how to use menstrual products in public bathrooms. If true then do you not think this is abnormal  and could easily be thought of as predatory behaviour ?

I am not suggesting this person should be locked up for having such thoughts , but if thoughts turned into actions then it would be a different matter.

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

Well maybe the term 'predator' is too harsh, but if someone demands to see a gynaecologist without the correct plumbing, or indeed book into a body waxing salon as a woman and then blatantly not being (which was her previous claim to fame), could be construed as some kind of deviance. If Ms Yaniv had, in fact, slapped the plums out in front of a woman who was not expecting it or indeed agreed to see that, then it could indeed be classed as a crime.

Now I don't know if Ms Yaniv indeed ever intended to go through with either of these things. It could be that she took the first case to court (and lost) simply to prove a point of her own. But I don't think we will ever really know that.