Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

3 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I think it's unfair that she's being excluded.

I fundamentally disagree with the assertion that intolerance should be tolerated.

It isn't intolerant to have a belief. You can be tolerant whilst disagreeing.

I find it difficult to get my head around this, as does Piers Morgan.  Any one fully understand what's going on here.

Angel1.

50 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I find it difficult to get my head around this, as does Piers Morgan.  Any one fully understand what's going on here.

Angel1.

Utterly ridiculous.  

It is. I cannot see why either of you cannot understand it, save for your prejudice.

What's there to understand? Parents imposing personality disorders on their kids?

2 hours ago, Branyy said:

What's there to understand? Parents imposing personality disorders on their kids?

Totally agree .

Don't care at all what people want to identify as. It's a free world, I have no place to oppose someones personal choice.

But when I hear about kids getting gender reassignment surgeries, that winds me up. There are 6 year olds getting hormone therapies to aid a gender change. Thats unacceptable.

1 hour ago, crookesjoe said:

Don't care at all what people want to identify as. It's a free world, I have no place to oppose someones personal choice.

But when I hear about kids getting gender reassignment surgeries, that winds me up. There are 6 year olds getting hormone therapies to aid a gender change. Thats unacceptable.

Id go further and say its child abuse.

I think people are confusing someones sex with gender. A baby is born male, female or intersex. Their gender identity is something entirely different. I really don't see why people make such a fuss over gender identity. Why does it matter? Just be who you want to be, dress and behave how you see fit. Why is it so important to assign a label to someone?

I would find it disrespectful calling someone "they". Why not come up with a specific term that is a little more appropriate and respectful?

7 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

I think people are confusing someones sex with gender. A baby is born male, female or intersex. Their gender identity is something entirely different. I really don't see why people make such a fuss over gender identity. Why does it matter? Just be who you want to be, dress and behave how you see fit. Why is it so important to assign a label to someone?

I would find it disrespectful calling someone "they". Why not come up with a specific term that is a little more appropriate and respectful?

Why, if that's what they want to be called?

41 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Yes, you can argue that sex and gender are different concepts. Point is, gender identity might not be fully developed until adulthood. No reason for reassigning gender identity of kids.

36 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Why, if that's what they want to be called?

Maybe he's just not comfortable with calling them "they". Why should his discomfort be less important than their preference? 

Yesterday I was reading that a woman says she was shamed by people in a FaceBook group for calling Father Christmas, Father Christmas and was told  'Santa' is now seen as gender neutral.

Apparently a survey was taken recently to see if the name should be modernised.

According to more than 15 per cent of Brits surveyed, an updated name should be used.

Those questioned on how to make Father Christmas more modern were asked whether he should be male, female or gender neutral.

Nearly one in six wanted a change to what the present-giver is called.

It doesn't say what the name should be changed to though, how about The Present Giver is that gender neutral enough? 🙄