Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

2 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I couldn't find the bit where it said hormone therapy could shrink someone's height, hands and broad shoulders. Maybe that's an advantage against "cis" (wtf, seriously?!) women?

It does substantially reduce muscle mass and testosterone levels

Edited by I1L2T3

6 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

But that's not what I questioned.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Performance was what you questioned.  But suddenly you're not interested in the actual data and science about performance.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

But those are critical factors relating to an athletes capabilities. And that is what you were discussing.

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I couldn't find the bit where it said hormone therapy could shrink someone's height, hands and broad shoulders. Maybe that's an advantage against "cis" (wtf, seriously?!) women?

“Ciswoman”

a word created so people understand that they are a different  type of woman so that non-ciswomen don’t feel they are being labelled  differently.......

anyone else sported the irony yet?

Crazy.

14 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

I thought artificially altering ones body using chemicals to affect performance was strictly prohibited in professional competitive sport?

Edited by Hots on

6 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Performance was what you questioned.  But suddenly you're not interested in the actual data and science about performance.

Height, hand size and shoulder breadth are big factors in many sports, especially tennis.

12 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Height, hand size and shoulder breadth are big factors in many sports, especially tennis.

Men have generally got bigger frames that no amount of hormone treatment will change.

For social justice warriors common sense is swept aside for egalitarianism. A quiet majority think this is all completely silly.

15 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I’m sure there are some professional female tennis players who are taller, have larger hands, or broader shoulders than some professional male tennis players. 

13 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I’m sure there are some professional female tennis players who are taller, have larger hands, or broader shoulders than some professional male tennis players. 

Yes, and Martina Navratilova, who is a long term spokesperson for lgbt rights in sport, and knows a thing or two about tennis, has spoken about things going too far.

On 24/03/2019 at 15:47, WiseOwl182 said:

So you accept that it was performance that you questioned then?  And that the evidence disagrees with your opinion which appears to be entirely speculative.