Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Most of us have mental health issues of some sort, it's a common human condition.

And we often seek and receive help and treatment for them...

And we often seek and receive help and treatment for them...

Some people do receive treatment as a remedy, but the key word here is 'remedy', which doesn't necessarily have to invole modern chemistry or counciling.

But that's the thing, multiple personalities is seen as a mental health issue. Often these people are a threat to themselves and others.

And from what i've seen, many in the gender fluid community are extremely unhappy and depressed. They also tend to have other mental health issues. I don't find it a coincidence.

Perhaps it's a reaction to trying to keep their gender hidden from people and/or when they don't hide it having people tell them that it's BS... :suspect:

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 09:04 ----------

I've gotten bored with the whole debate but a couple of things recently hoved into view that brought it to my attention again. Bloke wandered into the ladies at some motorway services. I heard the ruckus from the gents - it did not go down well. If he had been wearing frock and a bit of lippy- would that have been ok?

My mate is doing Race for Life. I'd like to do it with her. Can't, not allowed. Can I do it if I identify as a woman for a few days on the run up to it? I'm not very fit - I'm not going win anything but cancer research and presumably the female participants are going to take a dim view if they see a hairy male racing along, regardless of which gender they identify themselves as.

Already discussed. Start your hormone therapy, transition permanently to being female, run in race for life. Don't be a Richard though and claim to be female in order to try to make some kind of point.

Regarding toilets, if we simply didn't have gendered toilets then there would be no issue.

Already discussed. Start your hormone therapy, transition permanently to being female, run in race for life. Don't be a Richard though and claim to be female in order to try to make some kind of point.

Regarding toilets, if we simply didn't have gendered toilets then there would be no issue.

What kind of arguments are these? One could say the same in reverse!:

"Start your hormone therapy, transition permanently to being female, walk in female toilet. Don't be a Richard though and claim to be female in order to try to make some kind of point."

"Regarding Race for Life, if we simply didn't have gendered Race for Life then there would be no issue."

Edited by Branyy

That's not a helpful line to persue. On the whole men don't have much of an issue with ungendered toilets, it's women who want time and space without men around. There are some places with a row of urinals in the corridor before the ladies loos, but you won't find urinals in the ladies and I think you'll struggle to find a woman who would welcome it.

Perhaps it's a reaction to trying to keep their gender hidden from people and/or when they don't hide it having people tell them that it's BS... :suspect:

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 09:04 ----------

So all trans women have had the above then to be able to call themselves women? I did not know that. And why am I not allowed to make a point? You sound a bit facisty today - rough morning?

The reason we don't have non gendered toilets is because I'm not sure many women would want them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44288431

Feminist free speech eroded or banning of hatred against trans people?

my my a complicated one lol

Whatever your opinion on this whole topic, it does worry me that we seem to be heading towards a society where dogma becomes accepted truth, no discussion, no debate, no reference to evidence.

It's all a bit "emperor's new clothes".

So all trans women have had the above then to be able to call themselves women?

You do know the difference between tansVESTITES and TransEXUALS?

I just thought a transvestite was a man who liked to wear women's clothing. Eddie Izzard, for example. He says he is male and just likes to dress up. He doesn't claim to change his gender. Transsexual apparently is the correct term for someone who wants to live as a member of the opposite sex, and transgender is the umbrella term for all 'trans' sub-genres.

According to Google, 'transvestite' is an outdated and semi-offensive term... check your privilege, Mel!

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 12:57 ----------

I don't walk up to 'trans' people and tell them what I think. As I said previously, the person I worked with I got on with and I was interested to hear about their choices and mindset. I found it easier to understand as they were actually transitioning and were starting on hormone therapy before having surgery.

All people at some point have to deal with challenging situations regarding something. Looking at the likes of Katie Price and Jodie Marsh etc. you have to suspect that their image issues are psychological. That's why women can get boob ops on the NHS because they're depressed by their image. And why people who have the gastric band fitted still try to eat like they did to the point of making themselves ill. We pander to these people who quite clearly have some level of mental illness and need to talk to someone, not just have things enlarged or tied.

I've had it all through my life - when I was fat; when I had long hair; now I'm bald; when I wear a rock/metal t-shirt... I get comments and things said to me.

If the gender-fluid types can't handle someone having an opposing view and feel the need to do something drastic, maybe it's the fluid bit that isn't the issue?

Edited by leviathan13

I just thought a transvestite was a man who liked to wear women's clothing. Eddie Izzard, for example. He says he is male and just likes to dress up. He doesn't claim to change his gender. Transsexual apparently is the correct term for someone who wants to live as a member of the opposite sex, and transgender is the umbrella term for all 'trans' sub-genres.

According to Google, 'transvestite' is an outdated and semi-offensive term... check your privilege, Mel!

---------- Post added 30-05-2018 at 12:57 ----------

I don't walk up to 'trans' people and tell them what I think. As I said previously, the person I worked with I got on with and I was interested to hear about their choices and mindset. I found it easier to understand as they were actually transitioning and were starting on hormone therapy before having surgery.

All people at some point have to deal with challenging situations regarding something. Looking at the likes of Katie Price and Jodie Marsh etc. you have to suspect that their image issues are psychological. That's why women can get boob ops on the NHS because they're depressed by their image. And why people who have the gastric band fitted still try to eat like they did to the point of making themselves ill. We pander to these people who quite clearly have some level of mental illness and need to talk to someone, not just have things enlarged or tied.

I've had it all through my life - when I was fat; when I had long hair; now I'm bald; when I wear a rock/metal t-shirt... I get comments and things said to me.

If the gender-fluid types can't handle someone having an opposing view and feel the need to do something drastic, maybe it's the fluid bit that isn't the issue?

sexuals are the ones doing the changing, hormones the lot, its not the same as just saying im not a bloke ive got a dress on like some are saying, those are vestites.

If its an outdated term whats the new term for a bloke in a dress?

Yes, but I don't honestly know the pecking order - who can go where and do what.