Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

Why can people not understand that criticizing the Israeli government is not 'antisemitic.'  Their actions should be held to account just like those of any other government. 

And how can 'a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries' be said to be singling out Israel?

It just seems that antisemites find a reason to connect Israel with just about anything "bad", from keeping Labour out of power to Epstein. Coincidental no doubt. It's odd how the coincidences keep happening though, it almost sounds like another Jewish conspiracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Note in my response, "questions" Israeli involvement.

Anna B wasn't questioning Israeli involvement she was repeating a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory.

 

Yes, lots of countries do this, for sure.  However, I presume that the link has been made amongst some because of Epstein's particular connections and, specifically, with prominent members of the Jewish community.

You presume something conforming to a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory is correct rather than being at least somewhat suspicious of it! This is part of the problem Corbyn had. He didn't crack down on his supporters presuming anything anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish was correct and spreading it as if it was. Most of them were well meaning but unthinking like Maxine Peake or Anna B but a failiure to clamp down on them both gave the impression antisemitism was tolerated and emboldened the real antisemites.

 

In fact, there are members of the Jewish community themselves, who, quite rightly, in my opinion, are very uncomfortable with the comforts afforded to Epstein by his Jewish associates.  The following article examines this:



https://www.chicagojewishnews.com/2019/08/jeffrey-epsteins-jewish-enablers/

If anyone Jewish is involved with Epstein's activities they should of course be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's a very big leap from 'this person involved is Jewish' to 'therefore they must be an agent of the Jewish state'. If you can't see why that is a problem you need to take a good look at yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, altus said:

Anna B wasn't questioning Israeli involvement she was repeating a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory.

 

 

 

You presume something conforming to a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory is correct rather than being at least somewhat suspicious of it! This is part of the problem Corbyn had. He didn't crack down on his supporters presuming anything anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish was correct and spreading it as if it was. Most of them were well meaning but unthinking like Maxine Peake or Anna B but a failiure to clamp down on them both gave the impression antisemitism was tolerated and emboldened the real antisemites.

 

 

 

If anyone Jewish is involved with Epstein's activities they should of course be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's a very big leap from 'this person involved is Jewish' to 'therefore they must be an agent of the Jewish state'. If you can't see why that is a problem you need to take a good look at yourself.

Indeed, I imagine plenty of Christians, atheists and others were involved with him too, but those religious aspects don't matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, altus said:

Anna B wasn't questioning Israeli involvement she was repeating a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory.

 

 

 

You presume something conforming to a well known antisemitic conspiracy theory is correct rather than being at least somewhat suspicious of it! This is part of the problem Corbyn had. He didn't crack down on his supporters presuming anything anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish was correct and spreading it as if it was. Most of them were well meaning but unthinking like Maxine Peake or Anna B but a failiure to clamp down on them both gave the impression antisemitism was tolerated and emboldened the real antisemites.

 

 

 

If anyone Jewish is involved with Epstein's activities they should of course be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It's a very big leap from 'this person involved is Jewish' to 'therefore they must be an agent of the Jewish state'. If you can't see why that is a problem you need to take a good look at yourself.

I fear that there is a real danger of victims not receiving justice, as was highlighted in the Rotherham cases, and sections of our society, whether that be due to privilege, ethnicity, or otherwise, may feel they are 'untouchable', if people do not voice their concerns out of fear of being viewed as non-pc.  We need to be asking why serial rapists and abusers feel so protected that they can commit these crimes against humanity for years without being punished for their crimes, however unpalatable the questions might appear to some.  The idea that national security organisations have not historically been involved in cases of this nature, including our very own, is extremely naive, and, in my opinion, no stone should be left unturned.

11 hours ago, melthebell said:

Indeed, I imagine plenty of Christians, atheists and others were involved with him too, but those religious aspects don't matter

Oh yes, they do.  NO stone should be left unturned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2020 at 23:18, Anna B said:

Why can people not understand that criticizing the Israeli government is not 'antisemitic.'  Their actions should be held to account just like those of any other government. 

And how can 'a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries' be said to be singling out Israel?

Why can't people understand that many of the UK people have no interest or concern in Israel or its government.

 

How much energy is Labour putting into this and how much trouble has it caused? They should focus on this country and its problems first and focus on their main opposition - the Tories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

I fear that there is a real danger of victims not receiving justice, as was highlighted in the Rotherham cases, and sections of our society, whether that be due to privilege, ethnicity, or otherwise, may feel they are 'untouchable', if people do not voice their concerns out of fear of being viewed as non-pc.  We need to be asking why serial rapists and abusers feel so protected that they can commit these crimes against humanity for years without being punished for their crimes, however unpalatable the questions might appear to some.  The idea that national security organisations have not historically been involved in cases of this nature, including our very own, is extremely naive, and, in my opinion, no stone should be left unturned.

Oh yes, they do.  NO stone should be left unturned.

Hopefully those doing the investigation will keep an open mind about who was involved and not just presume that the Israeli secret service was and only look for evidence that might support that theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, altus said:

Hopefully those doing the investigation will keep an open mind about who was involved and not just presume that the Israeli secret service was and only look for evidence that might support that theory.

Totally agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stylefree said:

not really into conspiracy theories , but just came across this

 

https://apps.who.int/gpmb/assets/annual_report/GPMB_annualreport_2019.pdf

 page 39 , second paragraph

How did you “just come across” it?

 

Every time you see a house fire do you think, “that’s funny, I drove past Elm Lane last week and they were up that practice tower putting out a fire!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well if you failed English comprehension it would be an astonishing revelation.

In reality ,it merely shows governments should have plans in place for a possible deliberate release of a fatal virus.

A nothing- burger

Edited by butlers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.