Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

It was probably a local chamber of commerce induced hoax to promote tourism, initially.

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

It was probably a local chamber of commerce induced hoax to promote tourism, initially.

They say it started on Usenet I doubt they would be using such archaic methods in 1994, I started on the net in 1999 and it was a lot different to now even then

They like to mix nonsense with real conspiracy to get the flock to turn away.

Works unfortunately but not for those with an open mind wide enough to not swallow the bait.

911 - demolition charges caused  the collapse of the three towers.  Insurmountable physical evidence to back this up.

9 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Works unfortunately but not for those with an open mind wide enough to not swallow the bait.

911 - demolition charges caused  the collapse of the three towers.  Insurmountable physical evidence to back this up.

I love the way proper conspiraloons try to paint themselves as the only ones in the know and everyone else is a mug.

I looked at all that 9/11 nonsense when it first came out, before it got really boring. The ‘evidence’ is a mix of pseudo-science and wishful thinking and can be taken apart in minutes. The same goes for the moon landing nonsense. It also contains a lot of circular logic and references where you follow a link that is supposed to be ‘credible evidence’ and you find that at the end of the trail is the very thing that you are reading in the first place.

It is by the gullible and for the gullible. (and the very bored!) I wouldn’t be surprised if the mischief makers who tried to manipulate the Brexit, Trump and Irish abortion votes, studied internet conspiracy theories to work out exactly how easy it is to convince people that the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I love the way proper conspiraloons try to paint themselves as the only ones in the know and everyone else is a mug.

I looked at all that 9/11 nonsense when it first came out, before it got really boring. The ‘evidence’ is a mix of pseudo-science and wishful thinking and can be taken apart in minutes. The same goes for the moon landing nonsense. It also contains a lot of circular logic and references where you follow a link that is supposed to be ‘credible evidence’ and you find that at the end of the trail is the very thing that you are reading in the first place.

It is by the gullible and for the gullible. (and the very bored!) I wouldn’t be surprised if the mischief makers who tried to manipulate the Brexit, Trump and Irish abortion votes, studied internet conspiracy theories to work out exactly how easy it is to convince people that the truth is a lie and a lie is the truth.

theres a new matrix film coming out soon...i think we ARE in the matrix sigh

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

They say it started on Usenet I doubt they would be using such archaic methods in 1994, I started on the net in 1999 and it was a lot different to now even then

Lol, how was the Commodore 64 ?😉

57 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

They like to mix nonsense with real conspiracy to get the flock to turn away.

What's your thoughts on the "No Australia" conspiracy btw ?😉

Edited by Ontarian1981

16 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Lol, how was the Commodore 64 ?

exactly, the zx spectrum only really commercially ended in like 1991 i think, last officially released games etc

36 minutes ago, melthebell said:

exactly, the zx spectrum only really commercially ended in like 1991 i think, last officially released games etc

Games are still being released for it. And the C64. And a whole host of other legacy systems (even commercial games on Dreamcast).

You've got to see some adaptations of modern games for Spectrum to believe it.

Edited by L00b

17 minutes ago, L00b said:

Games are still being released for it. And the C64. And a whole host of other legacy systems (even commercial games on Dreamcast).

You've got to see some adaptations of modern games for Spectrum to believe it.

i know, im immersed in the scene, specially both speccy and C64.....the speccys commercial life did end in 91 though (just checked, 92 apparently as Dalek attack is thought to be the last proper commercially released game, and now is worth tons)

Is anyone aware of the "Q" or; "Qanonn" thing?

From what I can gather there is a low key mission underway, right now, spearheaded by Trump, by the US navy and army to put an end to the "deep state", and all the drug cartels,  child trafficking and general abuse that goes on amongst the Hollywood, political and global business elites. 

Apparently someone within either the Trump administration or the military going by the name "Q" is, through a trusted network of internet contacts on certain platforms' giving "Qanon drops", in other words, something of a running commentary, to supporters, who are by and large Trump supporters it has to be said.

It is said that this is the ultimate reason for the absolute visoral hatred for Trump amongst the Hollywood  and political elites because many of them are implicated in all this.

It has been noted just how many celebs and other elites around the world seem to have recently gone to ground and not just because of quarantining due to Corona virus.

Edited by Ruddy76

44 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

Is anyone aware of the "Q" or; "Qanonn" thing?

From what I can gather there is a low key mission underway, right now, spearheaded by Trump, by the US navy and army to put an end to the "deep state", and all the drug cartels,  child trafficking and general abuse that goes on amongst the Hollywood, political and global business elites. 

Apparently someone within either the Trump administration or the military going by the name "Q" is, through a trusted network of internet contacts on certain platforms' giving "Qanon drops", in other words, something of a running commentary, to supporters, who are by and large Trump supporters it has to be said.

It is said that this is the ultimate reason for the absolute visoral hatred for Trump amongst the Hollywood  and political elites because many of them are implicated in all this.

It has been noted just how many celebs and other elites around the world seem to have recently gone to ground and not just because of quarantining due to Corona virus.

LOL, some people take far too many drugs, they need to stop thinking crap up