Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

I'm not sure why you think Aldrin would bother to discuss anything with a man like this who isn't going to accept anything he has to say anyway.

He's been harassing Aldrin for years, turning up and getting in his (and his wifes) face. I saw a video recently where Aldrin floored him.

I don't like Bart Sibrel's approach, it is a bit unnecessary.

His main piece of silver bullet evidence was some raw footage he acquired of the Astronauts supposedly travelling away from earth in the spacecraft. It showed the astronauts inside the craft with the window in view. They were clearly not that far from earth as the earth filed the window, but the astronauts were seen placing a piece of black card against the window with a hole cut in it to give the impression that the earth was in the distance. Over time they used different pieces of card with incrementally smaller holes to make it look as though they were travelling further and further away from earth. If they truly went to the moon why would this be necessary?

Eh? My front door opens to stairs. If I look through the open door I see stairs. If I look through the keyhole I still see stairs but with a more limited field. The stairs do not look further away.

You have either explained this very badly or you are alarmingly gullible.

Eh? My front door opens to stairs. If I look through the open door I see stairs. If I look through the keyhole I still see stairs but with a more limited field. The stairs do not look further away.

You have either explained this very badly or you are alarmingly gullible.

I worked hard to word it so that it made sense. I'll have another go.

They were up in space but so close to the earth that it filled the window, from the point of view of the camera filming the window the entirety of the earth couldn't be seen through the window. The view through the window was just a wall of I suppose blue of the sea and clouds etc.

So when they held the card with the hole in it up to the window it looked like the earth at a distance just hanging there in blackness of space.

It sounds laughably basic but that's what they did. Footage shows it, and Aldrin had a meltdown when confronted with it.

They were up in space but so close to the earth that it filled the window, from the point of view of the camera filming the window the entirety of the earth couldn't be seen through the window. The view through the window was just a wall of I suppose blue of the sea and clouds etc.

So when they held the card with the hole in it up to the window it looked like the earth at a distance just hanging there in blackness of space.

It sounds laughably basic but that's what they did. Footage shows it, and Aldrin had a meltdown when confronted with it.

So, what you are saying here is that NASA is more than capable of launching a rocket into low earth orbit but then used essentially a pinhole camera to make the Earth look small just by filtering out most of it?

You believe this?

Perhaps Aldrin had a meltdown because he is fed up of morons presenting such laughably bad evidence.

Yeah because if you had some idiot constantly calling you a liar, youd be perfectly calm about it.

The moon landings were faked by Stanley Kubrick. He insisted on filming on location though. What a perfectionist.

It's rocket science, and rocket science is laughably simple. It's just not quite simple enough for simpletons to believe that the US sent astronauts to the moon in the late 60s and early 70s.

Which they did.

So, what you are saying here is that NASA is more than capable of launching a rocket into low earth orbit but then used essentially a pinhole camera to make the Earth look small just by filtering out most of it?

You believe this?

I beg your pardon it seems I remembered it wrong. No card involved, but the effect of what they did was the same though; to create the illusion that they were further away from earth than they were.

Edited by Guest

I beg your pardon I remembered it wrong. It wasn't a piece of card with a hole but a wall at the back of the spacecraft with a small circular window. The effect was the same though.

Try something for me. Focus on the word below. Then make a loose fist shape by curling your fingers and look at the word again through your fist. Does it look further away?

............................................GULLIBLE

OH by the way in 2006 I think it was, NASA quietly admitted that it has completely lost/erased all the original tapes/data of the Apolllo 11 moon mission.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

All the world has now is the second hand TV broadcast footage released to them by NASA at the time. So anyone wanting to examine the ORIGINAL tapes and data now cannot. :suspect:

Edited by Guest

OH by the way in 2006 I think it was, NASA quietly admitted that it has completely lost/erased all the original tapes/data of the Apolllo 11 moon mission.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

All the world has now is the second hand TV broadcast footage released to them by NASA at the time. So anyone wanting to examine the ORIGINAL tapes and data now cannot. :suspect:

Conspiracy theorists have a duty to first report accurately the official events and details that they challenge. You haven't done this here. So one can legitimately say either you don't know what you are talking about or you are deliberately trying to mislead. If you don't know what you are talking about don't parrot things you don't understand because you look foolish. If you are trying to mislead then you are a hypocrite.

The lost footage was only recorded for backup purposes in case the live feed failed.

Did you not know that?

Edited by Jacko92

Conspiracy theorists have a duty to first report accurately the official events and details that they challenge. You haven't done this here. So one can legitimately say either you don't know what you are talking about or you are deliberately trying to mislead.

In 2006 NASA admitted to erasing/losing the original telemetry data of the Apollo 11 mission.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nasa-tapes/moon-landing-tapes-got-erased-nasa-admits-idUSTRE56F5MK20090716

In 2006 NASA admitted to erasing/losing the original telemetry data of the Apollo 11 mission.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nasa-tapes/moon-landing-tapes-got-erased-nasa-admits-idUSTRE56F5MK20090716

Yes, I know. They were only recorded for back-up purposes though Alan in case the live feed failed.

Did you not know this because you don't know what you are talking about or omit that detail because you wish to mislead?