Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

Death of David Kelly, weapons inspector, who mentioned that the dossier on Iraq had been 'sexed up' leading to the discovery that there were no 'weapons of mass destruction' after all in Iraq, and then 'committed suicide' by slashing the wrong wrist with a blunt knife without shedding blood in a place where he wasn't actually found, gets my vote....

You decided to omit the atherosclerosis and the fact that there was blood loss then...

The knife he used was one he had owned since a boy and it was quite sharp.He knew how to look after it.

Thanks for reminding me of this. I haven't researched it in many years. I did have the stills in my files, from the Stanley Kubrick film but they have all now been removed? I wish I had printed them at the time... but didn't realise they would be removed if I needed them again. Which tells me categorically that the Moon LANDING was a fake. My Nephew is a nuclear physicist and my Son is a game/film creator, and both considered this to be a fake, many years ago, and the evidence is even more compelling now..imho.

And here is the film you refer to Alan:

Particularly notable is that none of the astronauts could look at the camera, or one another and all resigned from NASA as did the Director....

Lol - more "research" from the University of Youtube.

Plenty debunking of Sibrel.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/sibrel.html

and the Apollo "hoax" in general.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/apollohoax.html

I like the term "University of YouTube"- it provides free education and you can get the qualifications and self importance in any subject you like.

I would suggest to the dozens of conspiracy theorists in the world that they form a University of their own so as to enlighten the human race.

It would free of accountability and any structure so individuals are free to meander through life jumping from one idea to another before being taken to task.

The students can save a lot of time by copying and pasting each others work and referencing to selected quotes or fellow conspiracy theorists.

The day will surely come when a conspiracy theorist will win a Nobel Prize based on their research on why they did not get one.

In answer to the thread title, no I don't.

I recently read an article by someone who is ( I think ) a film maker. He had several arguments, but the main ones I remember were along the lines of...

I don’t know if NASA could have gone to the moon, but I do know they couldn’t have faked it in the way it has been portrayed...

1. There simply wasn’t the technology to provide TV transmissions in Slo-Mo (to mimic moon walks), in real time. The best they were able to do was to provide a 30 sec slo-mo, as used for sports replays. They would have needed a continuous slo-mo. Simply not do-able.

and

2. They were unable to evenly light the moon’s surface in a studio. Close(ish) lighting results in reduced light levels across the scene, as you get further from the light source. The only way around this is to put the light source so far away that both sides of the scene are effectively the same distance from the sourse. Coincidentally, the sun is far enough away to ensure even lighting. Studio lights are not.

I thought it provided an alternative approach. I can’t find it at present, but I’ll have another look.

like conspiracy theorist sites :thumbsup::suspect:

Which ones do you recommend Mel?

I recently read an article by someone who is ( I think ) a film maker. He had several arguments, but the main ones I remember were along the lines of...

I don’t know if NASA could have gone to the moon, but I do know they couldn’t have faked it in the way it has been portrayed...

1. There simply wasn’t the technology to provide TV transmissions in Slo-Mo (to mimic moon walks), in real time. The best they were able to do was to provide a 30 sec slo-mo, as used for sports replays. They would have needed a continuous slo-mo. Simply not do-able.

and

2. They were unable to evenly light the moon’s surface in a studio. Close(ish) lighting results in reduced light levels across the scene, as you get further from the light source. The only way around this is to put the light source so far away that both sides of the scene are effectively the same distance from the sourse. Coincidentally, the sun is far enough away to ensure even lighting. Studio lights are not.

I thought it provided an alternative approach. I can’t find it at present, but I’ll have another look.

its from this video i believe

Thanks for reminding me of this. I haven't researched it in many years. I did have the stills in my files, from the Stanley Kubrick film but they have all now been removed? I wish I had printed them at the time... but didn't realise they would be removed if I needed them again. Which tells me categorically that the Moon LANDING was a fake. My Nephew is a nuclear physicist and my Son is a game/film creator, and both considered this to be a fake, many years ago, and the evidence is even more compelling now..imho.

And here is the film you refer to Alan:

Particularly notable is that none of the astronauts could look at the camera, or one another and all resigned from NASA as did the Director....

Y'see, I really can't get interested in this so haven't researched it, but if the footage was fake, maybe it was to do with the date. The president had pledged to land on the moon before the end of the decade (60s.) Maybe they weren't quite ready and didn't want to lose face.

Are you saying no one has ever landed on the moon, there's no space station, no probes on Mars etc? To me, the dates are irrelevant.

Y'see, I really can't get interested in this so haven't researched it, but if the footage was fake, maybe it was to do with the date. The president had pledged to land on the moon before the end of the decade (60s.) Maybe they weren't quite ready and didn't want to lose face.

Are you saying no one has ever landed on the moon, there's no space station, no probes on Mars etc? To me, the dates are irrelevant.

its the Russians that couldnt land on the moon at that time, they were in disarray

its the Russians that couldnt land on the moon at that time, they were in disarray

The Russians could land... they got probes to the Moon way before the Americans did - the US Ranger program was an embarrassment. It was the ability to land the men on the moon that eluded Russia.

NASA had decided that a lunar lander rather than a giant orbiter was a better bet and perfected the necessary techniques with the Gemini program - which was arguably the real technological innovation of the Apollo program.... the Russians simply chose the wrong direction. Given time the Russians woulkd have made the Moon, but the US stole the march on them in the mid 1960's and left them for dust.

Posts removed.

The personal attacks and insults can cease now.

The Russians could land... they got probes to the Moon way before the Americans did - the US Ranger program was an embarrassment. It was the ability to land the men on the moon that eluded Russia.

NASA had decided that a lunar lander rather than a giant orbiter was a better bet and perfected the necessary techniques with the Gemini program - which was arguably the real technological innovation of the Apollo program.... the Russians simply chose the wrong direction. Given time the Russians woulkd have made the Moon, but the US stole the march on them in the mid 1960's and left them for dust.

im no expert but i watched this video last night

which gives some insight into Russias failure, seems plausable to me, i didnt say they wouldnt have got to the moon, i was replying to the time frame...ie:- 1969

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 18:40 ----------

Interesting videos by him on a couple of things conspiracy theorists also focus on about the moon landings.

The computers -

The Van Allen belt -