Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

The video " Powers of nightmare" Is pure Muslem propaganda, I watched 20 mnutes [sic] of it and was disturbed, I don't think It's wrong when it talks about the " American Dream of wealth", but Christianity is an older relegion [sic] that promotes sharing, and working together to create a caring, sharing community. I believe we are all are now, selfish to some degree, as for conspiracy theories - Do you honestly think we are still in AUSTERITY with the Gov. spending £60B on the London underground (just finnished sic])another £60B on another underground line to be built before the £60B plan for HS2, AND THEN COMPLAIN about the £2B spent on an aircraft carrier, but give themselfs [sic] a payrise of 10% plus. The only ones tightening there [sic] belt in his [sic] country is the working class (as usual)

Funny how it all comes to £60B.

Ranting aside, MP pay is set by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority - they didn't give themselves a payrise.

I believe very little of what the news or the media or the government says.

MAC33,

I recommend that you look up the word "conspiracy" and then next try to understand what it actually means.

Guest makapaka

This absolutely happens.

You are also informed of public opinion by the media - despite this perhaps not being the case at at all.

i.e a front cover saying "OUTRAGE AT Xxxxxxx" - the headline suggests a wealth of feeling on the subject when it may be one person who is outraged.

It's always gone on - but the internet and social media has exacerbated it.

I believe EVERYTHING that I read in newspapers, see on television and radio. especially if it is backed up by a member of parliament!!

Me too!

I believe we live on a spinning ball travelling at Mach speed thru space!

That a species can evolve in to a completely different species,that directly injecting known toxins in to the human body (bypassing the bodies own defence mechanisms) can prevent not cause disease.

That carbon dioxide and not the sun influences the temperature of the earth to such a large degree.

A man called Bart Sibrel did a documentary called A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon. In it he showed his evidence that the Apollo 11 astronauts never actually landed on the moon.

His main piece of silver bullet evidence was some raw footage he acquired of the Astronauts supposedly travelling away from earth in the spacecraft. It showed the astronauts inside the craft with the window in view. They were clearly not that far from earth as the earth filed the window, but the astronauts were seen placing a piece of black card against the window with a hole cut in it to give the impression that the earth was in the distance. Over time they used different pieces of card with incrementally smaller holes to make it look as though they were travelling further and further away from earth. If they truly went to the moon why would this be necessary?

He confronted Buzz Aldrin with this footage and Aldrin looked stumped. He couldn't answer. He made his excuses and left.

Edited by Guest

A man called Bart Sibrel did a documentary called A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon. In it he showed his evidence that the Apollo 11 astronauts never actually landed on the moon.

His main piece of silver bullet evidence was some raw footage he acquired of the Astronauts supposedly travelling away from earth in the spacecraft. It showed the astronauts inside the craft with the window in view. They were clearly not that far from earth as the earth filed the window, but the astronauts were seen placing a piece of black card against the window with a hole cut in it to give the impression that the earth was in the distance. Over time they used different pieces of card with incrementally smaller holes to make it look as though they were travelling further and further away from earth. If they truly went to the moon why would this be necessary?

He confronted Buzz Aldrin with this footage and Aldrin looked stumped. He couldn't answer. He made his excuses and left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Funny_Thing_Happened_on_the_Way_to_the_Moon

"Jim McDade, writing in The Birmingham News, characterized A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon as "full of falsehoods, innuendo, strident accusations, half-truths, flawed logic and premature conclusions."[3] According to McDade, the "only thing new and weird" in the film is that the claim that video views of Earth were actually filmed through a small hole to give the impression that Apollo 11 was not in low earth orbit. "Bart has misinterpreted things that are immediately obvious to anyone who has extensively read Apollo history and documentation or anyone who has ever been inside an Apollo Command Module or accurate mockup," says McDade."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_Sibrel

"In the 2001 documentary, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon, Sibrel states that he believed the Moon landings were faked. The program features footage which Sibrel says was accidentally sent to him from NASA, which, according to Sibrel, was evidence that the Apollo 11 astronauts were staging shots of the Earth to make it appear that the spacecraft was en route to the Moon when Sibrel believes it was still in low Earth orbit.[8][9] The purportedly secret NASA footage Sibrel uses is actually widely available and shows the astronauts practicing for an upcoming live telecast.[10]"

Bart Sibrel is the guy that Aldrin punched in the face.

Edited by Robin-H

He had it coming.

The purportedly secret NASA footage Sibrel uses is actually widely available and shows the astronauts practicing for an upcoming live telecast.[10]"

What "live telecast" would that be then?

That footage showed Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and that other guy, in the space craft. As I understand it its the raw unedited footage of what was broadcast at the time of them supposedly travelling to the moon.

I'm not sure why you think Aldrin would bother to discuss anything with a man like this who isn't going to accept anything he has to say anyway.

He's been harassing Aldrin for years, turning up and getting in his (and his wifes) face. I saw a video recently where Aldrin floored him.