Do you buy in to the news conspiracy theories?

The latest thing I have seen from the anti mask crowd is.....the metal nose clip is a 5g antenna..and all that flows from that.

One place that is getting hit hard by the virus in the US is prisons.

One governer has said no masks can be given because the prisoners will tie them together to make ropes to escape.

Edited by butlers

2 hours ago, altus said:

Only one celebrity has said: "I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." Yet you're only suspicious of the ones who didn't say that.

And he was blanked out of the photo accidently by Fox news, hmmmm

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

And he was blanked out of the photo accidently by Fox news, hmmmm

Anyone who saw the recent 2 hour documentary on Epstein will know how far his nets were cast; politicians, captains of business and industry, media moguls, celebrities, royalty, in fact almost everyone who's anyone has come into contact with Epstein, - as has the Israeli secret service apparently, for whom it was suggested he may have been working. 

Epstein is proven to have had film footage and documentation implicating many of the great and the good in dodgy deals and compromising situations, with which he could blackmail them - a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries. 

I suspect sweat is breaking out on a great many foreheads.

41 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Anyone who saw the recent 2 hour documentary on Epstein will know how far his nets were cast; politicians, captains of business and industry, media moguls, celebrities, royalty, in fact almost everyone who's anyone has come into contact with Epstein, - as has the Israeli secret service apparently, for whom it was suggested he may have been working.

Epstein is proven to have had film footage and documentation implicating many of the great and the good in dodgy deals and compromising situations, with which he could blackmail them - a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries. 

I suspect sweat is breaking out on a great many foreheads.

Ah, the old classic "the Jews are behind everything bad" antisemitic conspiracy theory. And from a Jeremy Corbyn supporter too, who'd have thought it. Really Anna, you should be better than that.

3 minutes ago, altus said:

Ah, the old classic "the Jews are behind everything bad" antisemitic conspiracy theory. And from a Jeremy Corbyn supporter too, who'd have thought it. Really Anna, you should be better than that.

I am quoting a TV documentary, not my idea.

And as for the anti-semitism which I take it is what you are alluding to, it is a far cry from blanket approval of everything Israel does, and anyway as I took pains to mention, the compromising of the great and the good for political purposes is a practice undertaken by the special branches of a great many governments.

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I am quoting a TV documentary, not my idea.

And as for the anti-semitism which I take it is what you are alluding to, it is a far cry from blanket approval of everything Israel does, and anyway as I took pains to mention, the compromising of the great and the good for political purposes is a practice undertaken by the special branches of a great many governments.

Maxine Peake unthinkingly repeated that particular antisemitic conspiracy theory in an interview and Rebecca Long-Bailey's unthinking sharing of that interview lead to her being sacked from her shadow cabinet position. You've just done the same thing by unthinkingly repeating a claim made in a TV documentary. It's no wonder that Jeremy Corbyn was accused of tolerating antisemitism in the party when this is what his supporters do.

Yes, many countries try to gain compromising information on other nations' officials, but you singled out Israel. Why would Israel target their best friends in that way when they already have many friends in influential positions in the US government? If anything, they have less need for such activities against the US than pretty much anyone else.

You need to look at things more critically - especially the things that appeal to your world view.

On 12/07/2020 at 20:24, altus said:

Maxine Peake unthinkingly repeated that particular antisemitic conspiracy theory in an interview and Rebecca Long-Bailey's unthinking sharing of that interview lead to her being sacked from her shadow cabinet position. You've just done the same thing by unthinkingly repeating a claim made in a TV documentary. It's no wonder that Jeremy Corbyn was accused of tolerating antisemitism in the party when this is what his supporters do.

Yes, many countries try to gain compromising information on other nations' officials, but you singled out Israel. Why would Israel target their best friends in that way when they already have many friends in influential positions in the US government? If anything, they have less need for such activities against the US than pretty much anyone else.

You need to look at things more critically - especially the things that appeal to your world view.

Why can people not understand that criticizing the Israeli government is not 'antisemitic.'  Their actions should be held to account just like those of any other government. 

And how can 'a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries' be said to be singling out Israel?

9 hours ago, Anna B said:

Why can people not understand that criticizing the Israeli government is not 'antisemitic.'  Their actions should be held to account just like those of any other government. 

And how can 'a well known espionage tactic used extensively by the secret services of many countries' be said to be singling out Israel?

There are many things the Israeli government can and should be criticised for. Nobody is saying they should be above criticism.

In post #471 you said:

On 12/07/2020 at 19:04, Anna B said:

as has the Israeli secret service apparently, for whom it was suggested he may have been working.

I don't see any other nations named as working with Epstein. How is that not singling out Israel?

On 12/07/2020 at 19:49, altus said:

Ah, the old classic, "anyone who criticizes Israel, or questions Israeli involvement is an anti-Semite, including Jeremy Corbyn".

10 hours ago, Anna B said:

Yes, but only singling out the Israeli secret service is classic antisemitism.

9 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

Ah, the old classic, "anyone who criticizes Israel, or questions Israeli involvement is an anti-Semite, including Jeremy Corbyn".

What Israeli involvement? There's just an unsubstantiated allegation that's essentially "lots of countries do this sort of thing but we'll just make a specific allegation against Israel alone in this case".

53 minutes ago, altus said:

What Israeli involvement? There's just an unsubstantiated allegation that's essentially "lots of countries do this sort of thing but we'll just make a specific allegation against Israel alone in this case".

Note in my response, "questions" Israeli involvement.

Yes, lots of countries do this, for sure.  However, I presume that the link has been made amongst some because of Epstein's particular connections and, specifically, with prominent members of the Jewish community.  In fact, there are members of the Jewish community themselves, who, quite rightly, in my opinion, are very uncomfortable with the comforts afforded to Epstein by his Jewish associates.  The following article examines this:

https://www.chicagojewishnews.com/2019/08/jeffrey-epsteins-jewish-enablers/

Edited by Lex Luthor