Finding the right email provider

I'm are in need of some IT advice.

i volunteer for mums in need & we currently use Bluehost for our emails, but we are having issues sending to NHS & .GOV email addresses so we need to look for another email provider, does anyone have any advice on who to go with? we have also had issues sending to .NET from Gmail.

thank you in advance

Have you taken it up with bluehost? They've usually been responsive to support. Also been using them for years, what issues are you having specifically?

The only issues you get on bluehost are they will only allow 1000 emails per hour to stop spammers using their hosting. But I've been using them for personal emails for years and never had a single issue with either of those domains.

When you say .NET do you mean any site ending .net? If so then there's something else wrong because Gmail will send anywhere unless it considers your message to be spam.

I'm wondering if their emails are been picked up as spam at the other end? If it is a shared server and there are other domains on that server sending spam all the domains on that server could have been blocked and marked as spam.

The advice to contact your host is the first thing to do.

You could all save up and register your own website at (say) mumsinneed.co.uk This address is still available and would cost you peanuts to maintain it. Then, you get the option to have your own email addresses, say Sue@mumsinneed.co.uk or maybe enquiries@mumsinneed.co.uk Whatever you want. You don't even have to use the website and could leave it blank if you wished, or, use a ready made template and have your own website at mumsinneed.co.uk

thank you all,

we have started to discuss this with Blue Host but it is taking too long.

i think our issue is we are hitting for example NHS.NET or NHS.UK firewalls (or whatever stops emails going through) & it doesnt even go into their junk mailboxes.

this is an example of the error message we get

Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host gproxy2.mail.unifiedlayer.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not

be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can

delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

as you can tell im not very Tech savy so i have no idea what any of this means, but we dont always get this response, but we know that emails are not being received.

we do have our own website mumsinneed.com (please feel free to visit it)

thank you again for your advice.

Danielle

I've begun to find that some places have started insisting on encrypted email. It might be worth checking whether this is the case with the people you've had problems sending email to and if your current/potential future supplier supports it.

thank you so much,

i will look into incryption now as this is something that we had discussed last night.

you guys (including gals) are fab, thank you so much

Danielle

That error message won't be from the NHS, it's a US Hosting service from what I can work out. I'm assuming you're sending mailouts? It'll just be one of the addresses that's causing this. Usually it is because your domain itself or shared IP has been blacklisted, although usually that will be in the message you get back.

http://whois.domaintools.com/unifiedlayer.com

thank you, i was repling to say i had received their email & hadnt sent any attachement (was that what you meant by mailout?)

thank you

Danielle

(sorry for being dim), no it was just 1 email to 1 person.

thank you

Danielle