Sign in to follow this  

Road works all over the place

Anybody noticed that summers coming and the roadworks are starting again with all the associated traffic jams etc..............just been down hillsborough and they are all over....about five years back i lived at chapeltown and they used to come and dig the road up through to grenoside about once every 5 months..with one mile traffic queues both ways resulting..one time they dug it up then came back a week later and dug it up in the same spot..... i wrote to my mp and as far as i know its never been dug up since..after writing to my mp i got a letter from olive grove stating it wasnt the council doing it..so..is it all necessary...or it like i suspect????

...and i suspect its not necessary...i supect its all done to find somebody a job

The summer months bring longer days and normally better weather, mighnt be a stab in the dark but suspect it mighnt be something on those lines.:thumbsup:

The summer months bring longer days and normally better weather, mighnt be a stab in the dark but suspect it mighnt be something on those lines.:thumbsup:

Awww brooksy, you've ruined the conspiracy theory ;)

I'd guess it is either what brooksy said, other that you notice it more in the summer because its nicer, lighter for longer and there is suddenly loads of things you'd like to do. It is the same as the Bank Holiday effect - dispite evidence from the Met Office that Bank Holidays are typically slightly warmer and dryer than the weekends surrounding them most people thing the weather is terrible on Bank Holidays. It all comes down to perception and our tendancy to focus on and remmber mostly negative events.

...and i suspect its not necessary...i supect its all done to find somebody a job

And what do you base your suspicions on?

Sheffields roads do need repairing,

but joined up thinking, pre planning, a bit of thought, properly organised alternative routes, and someone with a modicum of intelligence to monitor traffic and act accordingly . All things that are just a dream. :mad: